Understanding the signs and symptoms of Breast Cancer.
Breast cancer screening is the single most successful cancer screening program in the world. Screening is a systematic evaluation of a ‘normal’ individual to see if there is any underlying cancer. A woman must regularly do a Breast Self Examination. This includes regular and systematic monthly examination of the breast by a women herself to assess for any abnormality.
What to look for during Brest Self Examination?
- A breast lump or thickening of breast
- Dimpling of the breast skin
- Change in the colour or texture of breast skin
• Change in the apprearance of nipple (inverted nipple & areola)
- Fluid or bloody discharge from the nipple
- Redness or pitting of breast
- Change in the size or shape of a breast