Yoga is a combination of posture and breathing technique to stimulate relaxation and improve strength. It has innumerable benefits as far as a women’s physical, mental, emotional and reproductive health is concerned other than fertility, pregnancy, body image or breast cancer. It is considered to be a body and mind cleanser due to the following benefits:
- Improves metabolic balance and maintains a healthy weight, improves body flexibility and allays constipation
- Gives your emotional and mental health a boost
- Improves body’s immune system by massaging the internal organs
- Turns your skin healthy and glowing by improving blood circulation and flushing away the toxins.
- Helps to cope up with premenstrual symptoms of mood swings, irritability, sleeplessness, headache and depression by releasing endorphins (mood elevator) and improving blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Tones up your body and improves muscular strength from head to toe.
- Improves fertility by balancing hormones (endocrine system), reducing stress and improving blood supply to endometrial lining and reproductive organs, and releasing muscle tension thus bringing peace to your conception journey.
- Benefits of prenatal yoga during pregnancy are improved sleep, emotional well being (reduced stress and anxiety), healthy weight gain, reduced back pain and headache, preparation for labour by increasing strength, and flexibility of muscles needed during childbirth.
- Postnatal yoga after 6 weeks of delivery helps to regain body shape faster and strengthens pelvic and abdominal muscles.
- Lowers pain due to backache and arthritis
- In women nearing menopause, it works to improve bone density and ward off osteoporosis.
- Lowers blood pressure in women with hypertension by ensuring smooth blood flow to all the organs.
- Above all, it helps in improving your sex drive
To conclude, yoga for women is a secret for staying young and healthy and whenever you feel low on energy, start practicing yoga to fight your fatigue.