Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Sr. Director, Head- Medical Oncology & Hematology
Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon
Dr. Rakesh Chopra is a nationally and internationally renowned Medical Oncologist who has been associated with reputed organizations all across the world for blood cancer, leukemia, lymphoma treatment and bone marrow transplant. With more than 40 yrs of extensive experience Dr Rakesh has exceptional expertise in solid cancers including Breast Cancer ,Women Cancers, Cancer of the Lung, Prostate & Colon. He also specializes in Haemato Oncology – Lymphoma, Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma & Bone Marrow Transplant. Dr Rakesh has worked with Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai), Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (New Delhi), Indraprastha Apollo Hospital & Artemis Hospital, University of Nebraska (USA) to list a few. He has been instrumental in initiating cancer care treatment in various hospitals of repute. He also specializes in Precision Cancer Medicine, Cancer Genetics, Palliative Cancer Treatment and Advanced Chemotherapy Treatment.
- Professor, Chairperson & Head, Department of Medical Oncology/Hematology/BMT, Artemis Cancer Institute, Artemis Hospitals.
- Chief Clinical Coordinator Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Member Board Apollo Research Foundation, Apollo Group.
- Chief of Oncology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.Over 40 years of teaching experience in-
- The Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram – Haryana.
Education and Fellowships:
- MBBS : Delhi University College Of Medical Sciences , New Delhi.
- MD : Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, University Pune.
- Rotating Internship, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Junior Residency, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Residency, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune,
- Senior Residency, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Oncology training from leading institutions –The Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, New York and the Jewish Long Island Hospital, New York.
- Fellowship awarded: The Varoon Mahajan Foundation for study on Bone marrow Transplant at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center.
- U.I.C.C Post Graduate Course in Chemotherapy, New Delhi.
- Training in Lymphomas Cornell Medical Centre, New York .
- Visiting Fellow, M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 35+ Year Member.
- American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- Delhi Medical Association.
- Indian Medical Association.
- Association of Physicians of India.
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology(Founder Member).
- Indian Cancer Society, Indian Society of Hematalogy, Delhi Hematalogy Society.
- Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON) Founder Member.
- Indian Society of Oncology (Founder Member).
- Indian Association of Cancer Chemotheraputists.
- International Gynecologic Oncology Society.
- Oncology Group of Delhi, Founder Member.
Research and Publications:
- Expert opinion “Liquid Biopsy: A potential and promising diagnostic tool for advanced stage non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients.” With addition of Indian data, Indian Journal Of Cancer, 2017.
- Improving Access to Cancer treatments: The Role of Biosimilars JGO / 2016 / 008607 (In Pront) Journal of Global Oncology ; Dr. Rakesh Chopra/Dr. Gilberto Lopez
- Carlson, Robert W. MD*; Anderson, Benjamin O. MD†; Chopra, Rakesh MD‡; Eniu, Alexandru E. MD§; Jakesz, Raimund MD¶; Love, Richard R. MD**; Masetti, Riccardo MD††; Schwartsmann, Gilberto MD, PhD‡‡; for the Global Summit Treatment Panel
- The Breast Journal: Volume 9 Supplement 2May 2003p S67-S74.
- Treatment of Breast Cancer in Countries with Limited Resources.
- Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 19, No 18S (September 15 Supplement) 2001: 106s-111s2001 American Society for Clinical Oncology.
- Breast Cancer Management- An Asian Perspective, UAE International Breast Cancer Symposium-2009, Dubai.
- Haematology Indian Scene – International South African Haematology Conference, Capetown 2012.
- Extra Nodal Lymphomas-International South African Haematology Conference, Capetown 2012.
- Faculty Molecular Oncology Northshop – Singapore 2016, New Delhi 2017.
- Faculty RECON, India 2000 – 2017
- Faculty RECON, India 2000 – 2017
- Management of Newly Diagnosed Advanced Hodgkin’s lymphoma-Bridging the Gap International – Singapore 2009
- Breast Cancer-Management International – UAE International Breast Cancer Symposium-2009, Dubai.
- Carlson RW, Anderson BO, Chopra R et al: Treatment of Breast Cancer in Countries with Limited Resources. Breast J 9S67-S74 Supplement 2.
- Abstract Program Proceeding – ASCO 2005 Reappraisal of Estrogen Receptor Negativity in Indian Breast Cancer, S. Navani, A. Bhaduri, R.Chopra, Breach Candy Hospital Trust, Mumbai, India, P.D.Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, India, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India.
- National Oncology Update 2008 National Oncology Update and IV Annual Meeting of Armed Forces Oncology Group, Delhi 2008.
- Vargas HI, Anderson BO, Chopra R, et al: Diagnosis of Breast Cancer in Countries with Limited Resources. Breast J 9:S60-S66, 203, Supplement 2.
- Hormone Therapy in Breast Cancer, Indian Medical Association, March 2003.
- Cancers in the Elderly, Indian Medical Association March 2003.
- International Conference on Bisphosphonates-The Role of Zometa in Breast and Prostate Cancer, Lucknow, October 2002.
- Screening for Breast Cancer and Treatment of LABC at The Global Consensus Meeting organized by the Fred Hutchison Cancer Center and University of Washington, Seattle, in conjunction with The Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and The World Society for Breast Health, October, 2002.
- HIV Related Lymphomas at The Satellite Symposium on Leukemia’s and Lymphomas, Mumbai 2002
- Medical Management of a)Estrogenic Sarcoma b)Overview of Ovarian Cancer c)Locally Advanced Breast Cancer, Patna 2002.
- Chemo radiation in Gynecological Cancers, Indian Gynecologists Association, New Delhi, February 2002
- Metastatic Breast Cancer-Newer Paradigms, Joint Meeting of ISO and ISMPO, Mumbai November 2002
- Research Terminology-an Introduction to Clinical Trials, EORTC Workshop, New Delhi, February 2002
- Locally Advanced Breast Cancer-The Indian Scene, ASCO(Endorsed)Pan Asia Conference, New Delhi, February 2002
- Colorectal cancer, International GI Malignancies Conference, New Delhi, January,2002
- Hormonal Therapy in Breast Cancer, International Conference in Breast Cancer, New Delhi, January 2002
- Annual Conference of Indian Association Of Surgical Oncology, an International Seminar on current trends in Oncology, NATCON-IASO, Punjab,2001
- Meeting called by the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India on The Future of Genomics and Proteonomics-Brainstorming Session, Hyderabad, 2001
- Genetics in Ovarian Cancer, Joint Symposium of ISO and ISMPO, Hyderabad December 2001
- International Conference, Indian Armed Forces, Current Chemo radiation of Esophageal Cancer, January 2001
- Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology and International Seminar on Current Trends in Oncology, NATCON- IASO, Panchkula, 2001.
- Chemotherapy and Hormonal – Therapy in Breast Cancer at the Academic Conference of Indian Medical Association, New Delhi –2000.
- Breast Cancer- The Indian Scene, San Francisco, Oral presentation ASCO International symposium, 2001.
- 2ND International Conference on Ovarian Cancer – Genetics of Ovarian Cancer and An Overview of Ca Ovary, Ludhiana,2001.
- Abstract No. 1679 Programme Proceedings –The American Society of Clinical Oncology 2000 “Addition of R-Hu Erythropoietin Treatment Correct Anemia for Neo – Adjuvant Chemotherapy of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Head and Neck.
- Abstract No. 676 – The American Society Clinical Oncology 2000 Programme Proceedings “A Study of prognostic Factors in Glioblastoma Multiforme”.
- Invited Speaker – Basics of Erythropoietin in Cancer Related Anemia – Video Conference with University at Washington –Chennai, 2000, New Delhi 2000.
- Basics of Pain Management – Jannsen Cilag International Update Meeting at Hyderabad, 2000.
- Management of Febrile Neutropenia-Critical Care in the New Millennium, International Conference of Critical Care, New Delhi, 1999.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia-A New Paradigm, Conference of The Indian Medical Association, Faridabad, October 1999.
- Chronic Lymphoblastic Leukaemia-Newer Perspectives, Conference of The Indian Medical Association, October 1999, Faridabad.
- Invited Faculty, New Horizons in Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Washington DC, December,1999.
- Molecular Therapeutics in the next Millennium, 2nd International Eli Lilly Conference, August 1999.
- Molecular Therapeutic Strategies-Management of Hereditary Colon Cancers, International Society of Gastroenterology Meeting, September 1999Newer Trends in Management of Early Hodgkin’s disease, Indian Society of Oncology, October 1999.
- Controversies in the Management of Metastatic Breast Cancer, International Breast Cancer Meeting, Calcutta, July, 1999.
- Management of Advanced Breast Cancer Bi Annual Meeting of the ISMPO, Jodhpur, 1999
- Bronchoalveolar Carcinoma-A Review, 1st Eli Lilly International Update, Theme-Lung Cancer, New Delhi, 1998.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer-Newer Paradigms and Advanced Ovarian Cancer-Newer Management Strategies, International Surgical Congress, Kathmandu, Nepal,1998.
- 3rd National Breast Cancer Conference, AIIMS, New Delhi, March 1998.
- a)Metastatic Breast Cancer-Modern Management.b)LABC-A Multimodality approach, An Indian Experience.
- M.D Anderson joint CME Programme, Amritsar Feb 1998.
- Modern Trends in Spinal Injuries – International Conference Newer Trends in the Management Multiple Myeloma, Fed 1997.
- Recent Advances in the Medical Management of Breast Cancer – A North Indian Experience-Annual Conference of Delhi Medical Association ,Jan 1998.
- International Breast cancer Symposium, Nagpur 1997.
- Ovarian Cancer Medical Management – Association of Obs. And Gynae of India – Annual Conference, New Delhi 1995.
- Role of Chemotherapy in Palliative Care, New Delhi 1994.
- Role of the Medical Oncologist in Tertiary Care-International College of Surgeons, North Zone-Faridabad 1994.
- Intaxel (Paclitaxel) in Ovarian Cancer-Satellite Symposium at UICC-New Delhi 1994 Colorectal Carcinoma – an Indian Experience at the International Update on
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies Dec,New Delhi.
- Medical Management of Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma International update on Thyroid Diseases organized by Delhi Medical Association, March.
- Management at Multiple Myeloma with special emphasis on Spinal involvement – Indian Orthopedics Association, Central Institute of Orthopedics Oct.
- Recent Trends in management of Ovarian malignancies – conference of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of England, New Delhi.
- Recent Advances in the Management of CLL – with special reference to Fludarabine at the Association of Surgeons of India, VII the Biennial Conference of Indian Cancer Chemotherapeutists and International Symposium on Medical Oncology at Ahmedabad.
- Carcinoma Ovary – An overview, Indo-US, CME, Madras.
- Ovarian Cancer and Taxol-Cancer Update, Hyderabad.
- Papers presented at the IV Biennial Conference of the Indian Society of Oncology, Ahmedabad.
- Intraperitoneal Cisplatinum Chemotherapy in Locally Advanced Cancer OvaryCarboplatin and Endoxan for Carcinoma Ovary.
- Selenium Estimation as a marker for prognostication for Cancer.
- Papers presented at ISO Jodhpur 1990.
- Sequential hormone manipulation for Advanced Metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Advanced Ovarian Cancer – an Indian Experience ,Punjab Cancer Congress.
- Adriamycin, Cisplatinum, Cyclophosphamide in Carcinoma Ovary after Surgery presented at the Third biennial Conference of Indian Society of Oncology, Bangalore, 1988
- Recent Advances in chemotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer – An overview at the Royal College of Surgeons of England – Faculty of Dentistry and Association of Surgeons of India, New Delhi – 1991.
|Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Sr. Director, Head- Medical Oncology & Hematology
|10:00 am to 4:00 pm||Mon to Sat|