Profile: Dr. Ashwani Kumar is a reputed Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist with more than 25 years of extensive experience in treating patients suffering from Drug Addiction, Alcohol Addiction and Psychotic Breakdowns. He also specializes in treating patients of suicidal tendencies and indulging in self harm. His areas of expertise includes schizophrenia, biopolar disorder treatment and obsessive compulsive disorder.
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Education and Fellowships:
- Life Fellow – Indian Psychiatry Society
- Life Fellow – Indian Association of Private Psychiatry
- Life Fellow – Indian Association of Biological Psychiatry
- Life Fellow – Indian Association of Industrial Psychiatry
- Treatment and Management of acute as well as chronic psychiatric illnesses in adults, adolescents, elderly and children.
- Assessment for FFD (Fitness for Duty of employees)
Awards & Honors:
- President Delhi Psychiatric Society 2010-2012
- Honoured with the 1989 Navjyoti National Award for Outstanding Work
In the Field of Drug De-addiction by the Delhi Police Foundation for Correction, Treatment & Rehabilitation of Drug Addicts in 1990.
- Selected by U.S.I.A. to represent India in a four-week “International Visitor Program on Narcotic Prevention & Education Programs in the U.S.” Washington
- Invited by “Alcohol Concerns” of UK to Birmingham to make a presentation on Indian Perspective on Alcoholism in an International Conference on Alcohol Problems in Punjabi communities in UK, US & Canada.
Research and Publications:
- New Trends in the Withdrawal Treatment of Narcotic Addicts
Research Publications/ Presentations
- Methods Used By Suicide Attempters In North-West India &
Psychiatric Morbidity In Suicide Attempters Brought to a General Hospital
Annual Conference of the Indian Psychiatry Society Ranchi
- Detection Of Attempted Suicide In Casualty Department
North-Zone Conference of the Indian Psychiatry Society New Delhi