Profile: Dr. Preeti has extensive experience of more than 16 years in psychotherapy, enabling her to use Behavior, Cognitive and Biofeedback Therapy to treat stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, obsessions, compulsions, stammering, assertiveness skills training, eating disorders issues effectively.
In the marital and sex clinic Dr Singh addresses the maladaptive communication patterns, ineffective problem-solving skill, amongst the couples and psychosexual dysfunctions.
Dr. Singh specializes in Biofeedback therapy that is extensively used for adults and children globally for treating chronic headaches, psychosomatic disorders, stress-induced medical conditions and anxiety disorders.
Her expertise in Psychometry enables her to conduct various psychological testing tools on children and adolescents and adults like Intelligence, memory functions, personality profile, diagnostic clarification, neuropsychological testing which include lobe wise brain functioning assessment.
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi
- Ex-Consultant to National Brain Research Centre Manesar (NBRC)
- Neuroscience Unit, Civil Hospital, Gurgaon
- Ex-Clinical psychologist, Dept of Psychiatry, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
Education and Fellowships:
- M.A Clinical Psychology
- M.phil Clinical psychology (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore)
- Ph.D (Clinical Psychology) Panjab University
- Treatment Stress-induced medical conditions in adults and children
- Treatment of Psychosexual Disorders
- Treatment of emotional and behavioural problems in children and adolescents
- Psychometry of adults and children as diagnostic tools
- Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS)
- Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (IACAAMH)
- Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
Research and Publications:
- Title: A study of factors associated with common sexual disorders presenting at marital and sex clinic
- Journal: Journal of Mental Health and Behavior
- Published by: IPS-NZ, Vol-15, No.2, September 2010
- Title: Sexual abuse in disabled children and adolescents: a case series from North India
- Indian Journal of Psychiatry 2010
- Social media: women’s era, Dlf City news magazine Feb ed, Asian Age
News / Press & Media Coverage: