Cerebral Angiography is a specialized procedure that examines the blood vessels and their functioning in the brain. The test detects issues such as abnormal blood vessels, vasculitis, aneurysms, tears in the lining of an artery, blood cots, arteriosclerosis, tumors and disease called as atherosclerosis (plaque). The procedure is carried out with the help of a catheter, X- ray imaging and an injection.
Cerebral Angiogram gives a very fine, clear and detailed picture of the blood vessels. A person who has a history of bleeding problems, allergy to X-ray or kidney function problems must strictly inform to the doctor before the test.
Preparations for the Test
- You may be told to not to eat or drink after the midnight prior to the test. You should inform the doctor if you have any kind of allergy, including anesthesia. In this case, the doctor will prescribe you anti-allergic medication.
- There is a possibility of temporary damage to your kidneys if the person is suffering from diabetes or any kidney disease. Women who are pregnant or think they might be should ask the doctor regarding the exposure of the radiation during the process of test.
- If you’re breastfeeding, you can pump your milk before the test and must not breastfeed for 24 hours.
Points to be kept in mind, for a Cerebral Angiography
- Not to eat or drink after the midnight prior to test
- Discuss regarding your allergies with doctor
- Discuss with the doctor if you have diabetes or any kidney disease
- Do not breastfeed for 24 hours post test
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
For More Info Email: firstname.lastname@example.org