Neurosurgery is a branch of surgery that performs surgical interventions to treat conditions and diseases of the brain and the nervous system. Endovascular Neurosurgery involves radiology and neurosurgery to perform minimally invasive procedures using image guidance.
Endovascular Neurosurgery uses catheters and radiology to diagnose and treat the diseases related to the central nervous system. These procedures are carried out via Fluoroscopy (x-rays), using thin tubes called catheters. The catheters are inserted into the vascular system through the groin, the arm, or the neck.
Why is Endovascular Neurosurgery performed?
Endovascular Neurosurgery is used to treat the diseases of the central nervous system, i.e. the brain and the spinal cord. Endovascular neurosurgery can beperformed only for diagnostic purposes such as cerebral angiograms, and also for treatment purposes such as cerebral coilings or embolizations.
Endovascular Neurosurgical procedures include
- Cerebral angiography: This is a diagnostic procedure that monitors the blood flow in the brain.
- Thrombolytic therapy: This therapy involves “clot-busting” medication to dissolve clots in blood vessels in the brain or the body.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: This surgical procedure helps treat spinal disorders and conditions that put pressure on the spinal cord.
- Endovascular coiling: This procedure treats a brain aneurysm, which is a bulging, weakened area in the arterial wall in the brain. Aneurysm can be treated by coiling or clipping it closed using a very thin metal wire that forms a coil inside it to block blood flow.
- Carotid artery angioplasty/stenting: This procedure opens up a narrowed carotid artery using a small balloon and/or a tiny metal scaffold called a stent.
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
For More Info Email: email@example.com