Hand surgery is a field that deals with the non-surgical and surgical treatments of problems that may take place in the hand. This also includes injuries and infections. It is a broad term that includes a number of procedures. The main aim of hand surgery is to restore hand and finger function, while trying to make the hand look as normal as possible.
Why is it done?
Hand surgery may be performed for a number of reasons. Some of them are:
- Injuries to the hand
- Rheumatic diseases, which can damage or change the hand structure. Such diseases include osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, among others.
- When the structure of the hand is affected by degenerative changes
- Congenital or birth defects or problems that affect the hand
Types of Hand Surgery
Depending on the underlying cause, there are a number of hand surgeries that may be performed. These are:
- Skin grafts: Replacing or attaching skin to the part of the hand that is missing skin
- Skin flaps:Taking skin that has its own blood supplyfrom another part of the body for a skin graft
- Closed reduction and fixation: Realigning broken bones in the hand and holding it in place for it to heal
- Tendon repair: Fixing any broken tendons, fibers that join muscle to bone.
- Nerve repairs:To repair nerve damage that causes numbness or loss of hand function.
- Fasciotomy:To help treat compartment syndrome
- Surgical drainage: Treats hand infections
- Joint replacement: Performed in cases of severe hand arthritis
- Replantation: Reattaching a part of the hand that has been completely severed
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
For More Info Email: email@example.com