Breastfeeding is the noblest act of a mother for her baby. It is also the healthiest for the baby. Exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months provides immunity to the baby for a lifetime. The same support the baby in fighting diseases all his life. Every mother should be educated about the advantages of breastfeeding for herself and her baby.
Some Advantages of Breastfeeding are:
- Breast milk is best for your baby
- Start feeding within the first hour after birth
- The first milk that babies get from the breast is thick and called This is highly nutritious and even though the quantity is very little it still fills up the newborn baby due to its high-calorie content.
- Milk volume gradually increases from the third to the fourth day after delivery. So keep patience and continue giving breast milk.
- Give only breast milk till 6 months of age. Do not give even water. This is called EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING
- Breastfeed every time your baby is hungry – this is called demand feeding.
- Along with nutrition breast milk also provides protective antibodies which help babies to fight against infections.
- Breastfeeding strengthens the emotional bond between mother and newborn
- Breastfeeding protects mothers against breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Breastfeeding is a good way to lose pregnancy
If you are working and cannot breastfeed your child, the best is to store your breast milk in bottles with the help of breast pumps. Contact your gynecologist or a pediatrician for guidance. You can buy a breast pump from any local pharmacy shop today.