Dengue is a viral infectious disease that spreads by the bite of an infected female Aedes mosquito. The symptoms of are basically high fever accompanied by rashes of skin.
The good way to prevent dengue virus infection is to take precautions and to ignore being bitten by mosquitoes. Following are points helpless your risk of mosquito bites:
- Turn over pails and buckets so that they do not collect extra water.
- Buckets and drums must be covered that are used for storing water.
- Clean out all the empty flower pots.
- Make sure that you do not over water the plants.
- Keep a check on the water plates and bowls of domestic pets at home and the water bowls of birds in the balcony.
- Repair broken septic tanks and cover vent pipes with wire mesh if available at home.
- Throw the plants that you keep in water at home.
- Wear full clothes that can cover you completely. Wear long-sleeved shirt long pants and closed-toe shoes instead of sandals.
- Apply mosquito repellents whenever possible or wear mosquito patches.
- The mosquitoes that carry the dengue viruses are most active from dawn to dusk keep windows and doors closed during these hours.
- If you have a cooler at home, make sure you clean it daily.
- Always keep the dustbins clean. Do not let any dirt get collected to avoid mosquitoes.
- Use light camphor as it will help you in keeping the mosquitoes away.
- Use a mosquito net while sleeping.