Lungs as we all know , are one of the most important organs of our body and play the mmost vital role in making us breathe. They work 24 hours tirelessly. In return we should also take care of them. Since air pollution has been continuously rising in the country, the diseases assoiated with the same are also on the rise. Amongst the list of organs that are adversely affected by the pollution, lungs top as the most aggrieved party. This is because the air we breathe is full of cancer causing substances. The least we can do is to eat right, de-tox our lungs and boost our lung health by incorporating the following in our daily meals. Following are few recommendations for you to follow :
- Apples– Is a good source of antioxidants. Apple polyphenols and flavonoids fight cancer and also help in controlling spike in blood sugars. A typical kind of flavonoids found in apple is called Khellins, is known to open up airways. Studies have shown that eating 2-5 apples/ week has shown to lower risk of asthma and lung cancer. Apples are also a good source for vitamin c and fiber.
- Cantaloupe- Vitamin c is a known antioxidant that may ward off lung damage by fighting free radicals. Vitamin c is present in most of fruits and vegetables, good sources include citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit, kiwi, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and tomatoes.
- Garlic- Known for inflammatory properties with high level of allicin. Garlic helps reduce inflammation by fighting infection. Has also been popular to enhance lung health and improve asthma. It also helps prevent lung cancer.
- Pomegranate– It is known for a lot of good properties. Has been recognized for slowing development of various lung issues. Is a good source of antioxidant, shields against various diseases by boosting immunity.
- Seed, nuts and beans-They are an excellent source of magnesium. Magnesium is a micronutrient known for its inflammatory properties. It helps increase the lung capacity and improve the efficiency of respiratory process.
- Water – It is a natural remedy, readily available for all. We all crave it in diet for different reasons. More water in our diet makes your circulatory process working while keeping lungs hydrated and flushing unwanted toxins.
Along with eating healthy, it’s important to do deep breathing exercise. By doing this you will maximize the cleansing effect.