Summer is indeed the time when acne affects your skin with vengeance, be it on your face or back. So, this season needs special attention and care towards the woes. Heat tends to aggravate acne causing inflammation. The acne because the oil producing sebaceous glands become overactive in summer due to heat triggering blockage of skin pores. This results in trapping of oil within these pores.
Acne can also be a symptom of an underlying hormonal condition and hence such out bursts may not be limited to summer especially for women. Most women tend to suffer from acne flare-ups on their face, upper back, and breast and the buttocks owing to sun exposure.
How to avoid pimples in summer:-
Avoid acne genic food – summer heat tends to make us take cooling ice creams, sugary sodas and other beverages. While the link between excessive sugar consumption and acne has not been proven, it is best to avoid these foods. Refined carbohydrates are worst for summer acne and it is best to avoid chocolates, breads, cakes and fried foods.
Eat food that Prevent Constipations – Acne in adults is often a sign to show that the excretory system is not functioning as normal. Try and include fiber rich food like fruits, vegetables in diet. Try to avoid oily foods and cut down road meal intake. Choose boiled or steamed foods like brown rice to avoid pimples in summer.
Stimulate the liver
Use of herbal supplements that stimulate the liver to produce juice and indigestion and prevent acne in summer.
Proper Cleansing of Skin
You must be especially careful about pimples in this season.
- If you have a tendency to sweat, wash and cleanse your face with gentle alchahol free products at least twice a day.
- Be especially careful about the cosmetics you use.
- Avoid layering your face with heavy foundation instead opts for lighter make up.
- If you were exposed to sun during day, apply some calming & soothing chamomile tea bags on the face at night to reduce irritation.
- Use salicylic acid based face mask to unclog the skin pores and reduce black heads, white heads.
How to Prevent Sun Burn
Spending time outdoors in the sun definitely causes sunburn. It increases the risk of skin cancer and signs of premature aging. Sun burn prevention starts with proper sunscreen application and limited sun exposure. It is best that you also use umbrellas and lotions to ensure that the heat of the sun doesn’t scorch your skin. Please also note that covering yourself with the right kind of clothes shall also help you. Given below are few of the recommendations that can help you save yourself from sun burn:
Methods to Prevent Sunburn
- Using a broad spectrum Sunscreen – It protects the skin against both UVA & UVB.UVA cause burning of skin & UVB causes premature aging such as wrinkles & dark spots. Selection of appropriate SPF is mandatory. It is best that you consult a dermatologist, who can recommend the best lotion as per your skin type. Choosing the wrong option can sometimes cause adverse effects. Apply generously and regularly.
- Avoiding Sun Exposure – The sun rays are strongest between the 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, so stay out of the sun during peak hours. Try and avoid the sun rays. Also use sunglasses to keep the glares out.
- Wear the light clothes – Cover yourself with proper clothing .Loose fitting clothing is advised. Dark clothing can block more sunlight than lighter colored items. Use cotton material mostly as it soaks the sweat and ensures that you don’t get rashes on your body.
- Use accessories to protect your head & eyes – Choose sun glasses that provide 100% UV protection. Eyes can be protected from both UVA & UB rays. Use umbrellas to protect from sun.
- Stay in Shade- Try to be in such an area where sun rays doesn’t reach you. It is best to stay indoors when during the peak sunny hours.
- Keep yourself hydrated- Drink atleast 8 glasses of water per day. On extra hot days load yourself with 5 more glasses. Drinking water is healthy, has no calories and helps you lose weight too.