Pregnancy, though a normal physiological condition is however associated with fatigue ,morning sickness, mood swings, painful cramps and breathing problem.
Benefits of Yoga in Pregnancy:
Yoga exercise, techniques and postures ease all such minor ailments of pregnancy followed by an easier labour and smooth delivery. The aim of pregnancy yoga is to help the mother bring the unborn into the world with minimal hassle and prenatal yoga is a great way to say in shape during pregnancy and also help pregnant women recover faster post–delivery.
- These prenatal stretches make the body more flexible, keep your muscles loose and help you feel more released during pregnancy.
- Yoga exercise can relieve tension around the cervix, by opening up the pelvic region.
- Yoga also prepares the to be mothers for labor and delivery.
- Yoga asanas also help pregnant women recover faster post delivery.
- Certain asanas like butterfly pose improves flexibility in the hip and groin region and hence facilitate smooth delivery when practiced till late pregnancy.
- Another asana called triangle pose stretchers and opens the hip and hence a big help during delivery. It reduced back pain and stress, is especially useful for pregnant women since their centre of gravity can shift.
- Konasana helps alleviate constipation ,a common symptom of pregnancy .
- Another posture, yogic sleep, reduces tension and anxiety thus preparing the body for the upcoming marathon of delivery.
- Humming bee breath yoga regulators blood pressure and relievers headache, the later frequently occurs in pregnancy.
Some Important Safety Measures for Yoga in Pregnancy:
There are certain exercises that cannot be carried throughout all pregnancy months. Avoid practicing yoga from the 10th to 14th weeks of pregnancy, since these are crucial times for miscarriages .Once the mother feels uncomfortable doing any asana, it is advised to stop immediately. Avoid further bending asanas (strong back bends, such as the boat pose),inverted poses and exercises that might put pressure on the abdomen. Asanas that require lying down on the weight of yours stomach should be strictly avoided.
Listen to your body and do as much as you can without under effort. Consult your doctor before any exercise, as your pregnancy can be high risk pregnancy in which few exercise have to be avoided.