Planning a pregnancy will result in a healthier pregnancy as your body will be fit and ready. You will also have fewer complications and painful symptoms and time to think about your options for pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum.
There are several steps you can take to have a healthier pregnancy.
- Learn about the conception process from your gynecologist and obstetrician. It is easier to get pregnant when you both understand how the process works.
- Have a preconception check-up with a gynecologist. Your gynecologist will diagnose and control any preexisting conditions.
- Eliminating hazards: such as drugs, chemicals, and infections which can cause abnormal fetal development.
- Stop smoking and consuming alcohol and drugs
- Manage stress effectively
- Take folic acid to reduce the likelihood of certain types of birth defects called neural tube defects (NTD). These are defects in the development of the brain and spinal cord which can affect the normal functioning of the body.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight, you may have a higher risk for many serious conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancers which can result in complications during pregnancy. Women who are obese are at an increased risk of miscarriage, caesearian section, anaesthetic complications, and are less likely to be able to breastfeed. Exercise at least 3 times a week and eat plenty of vegetables, grains, and fruits.
- Discuss the use of birth control. Your gynecologist can help you decide when to stop using birth control so you can figure out when you’re ovulating, the time of the month when you’re most fertile.
Ensure that you have a good relationship with your gynecologist and that he or she is someone who you will want to continue seeing when you are pregnant.
If you have started planning your pregnancy, book an appointment with the best gynecologist in Gurgaon. At Paras Hospital, our team is ready to help you in whatever way that you need.