Glossy Hai, strong nails and glowing skin may be signs of great beauty regime, but the importance of a great diet should not be under-estimated food contains lots of beauty nutrients. Skin, hair and nails are mostly proteins- keratin, collagen and elastin.
Food Tips to ensure great nails, hair and skin:
- Protein: – Protein is important for healthy skin, hair, & nails. Get your skin-boosting protein by including at least one serving of lean meats, chicken, seafood, legumes or eggs.
- Iron- Hair, nails, skin can also suffer in case of iron loss. Meat is the best source of iron.
- Vitamin C-Vitamin C is essential to may be collagen the structural cement of body. Fruits (Kiwi fruits, orange, lemon are richest source of vitamin C).
- Water- Both carotenoids and flavonoids helps protect skin against UV damage and can improve. For well hydrated skin, hair, nail, drink plenty of water.
- Essential Fats-Omega-6 fatty acids. Found in safflower oil, sunflower oil, soya bean oil, peanuts, almonds.
To Save your skin- Remember The S’s:
- Smoking-Don’t do it. It harms all parts of your body.
- Stress- This is not good for skin. Try and relax and not take extra tension. Excessive stress can cause fine lines on your skin.
- Sleep – It is good for skin.
- Sunshine – Limit exposure when it’s strongest. Cover yourself when you go out in the sun.
- You need to be extremely careful in maintaining a healthy diet in the monsoon season as the food we intake is more prone to fungal viral and bacterial infection which naturally affects the body immunity.
Must Do List for all Seasons for Good Hair, Nails & Skin:
- Continue drinking plenty of water in this season as it important to keep your body hydrated all the time.
- Keep your body warm as it can easily become prey to viruses.
- Eat salads blanched in boiling water to disinfect them.
- If you are suffering from asthma & diabetes, avoid staying near wet walls as it leads to fungal growth.
- Increase milk product intake. Eat loads of nuts and soya products which give your hair natural healthy look.
- Maintain general hygiene and avoid road side vendor foods.
- Most of the time try to protect your hair from rain.
- At night time, massage your hair with warm coconut oil and comb hair for the even distribution of oil on your scalp & hair.
If you are facing abnormal hair fall, any sudden acne issue and brittle nails, it is best that you first work on your diet and sleep. If the issues persist, consult a specialist at the earliest.