Dehydration can cause a number of signs and symptoms and can stress the body of an individual. If it is not treated at the right time, it can cause complications. Every patient facing dehydration should consult a physician.
The doctors would ensure a thorough medical checkup and ensure that immediate treatment & rehydration is provided to the patient. The following is recommended in the summer time:
- For prevention of heat stroke or dehydration or tropical diseases one should carry clean water and oral rehydration solution, which they should take at frequent intervals. Abstain from walking in the scorching heat for a longer period of time.
- It is best that you keep yourself hydrated by regularly drinking water and taking oter cooling drinks. Refrain from eating oily food.
- If one is having very high fever and altered mentation, one should get cold water sponging and urgent IV rehydration to mitigate the effect of electrolyte imbalance.
- If one gets tropical diseases like cholera, & dysentery and the signs of dehydration are too much, one should get immediately hospitalized and take treatment as advised by specialists.
- Scorching heat and humidity of summer vexes all. Many a times we suffer from heat strokes, viral fever and general dehydration. The tropical diseases such as diarrhea and dysentery, cholera, etc, are the most common in this period.
- Have home made products like lassi, chaach, roohafza, aam panna, jal jeera is recommended.
- Diabetics need to refrain from drinking sweet flavoured drinks.
The symptoms of dehydration:
The following signs and symptoms highlight that you are suffering from severe to moderate dehydration. Based on the same, in all cases, it is recommended that you consult a doctor on immediate basis to ensure that complications are avoided.
- Dry and sticky mouth
- Sleepiness and tiredness with fatigue
- Dry and scaly skin – it doesn’t bounce back when you pull it
- Headaches with patients complaining of a heavy head
- Severe thirst
- Irritability and confusion
- Sunken eyes