Cancer is a fate according to people which snatches away the joy of living. It is a disease which can be caused by faulty dietary habits also. A lifestyle with improper diet and unhealthy food options can develop cancer in the body. As such dietary habits are not a direct cause but lifestyle patterns with poor diet leads towards it. Therefore it is advised to have a balanced diet including all food groups in the required amount.
- Keep a check on your diet – A diet should always be colourful having lots of fruits and vegetables like lycopene-containing foods, tomato, guava, etc., carotenoids containing vegetables like carrots, squash, etc., foods rich in vitamin C like peas, berries, bell peppers, etc.
- Limit junk food – A person must reduce the intake of fatty and fried foods, sugar, salt and foods rich in calories to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep yourself hydrated – Intake of lots of water and fluids, opting for organic foods is also a better choice.
- Avoid smoking and drinks – The trademark of smoking and having alcohol in excess amount is one of the major reason for developing cancer, thus intake should be reduced or must be avoided.
- Choose the right oils – One must also choose healthy fat options, must avoid trans-fats as they are carcinogenic in nature when heated on high flame.
- Add fibre to your diet – Food must be eaten in a limited amount having fibre rich foods too. It’s a bad habit of people eating a lot of junk food, therefore, it is advised to have it once in a while and also to avoid processed foods as much as one can.
- Fruits and veggies are important – A plate full of raw fruits and salad is the magic element of cancer-free diet. Herbs like ginger, garlic, curry leaves, basil, turmeric, etc, are all naturally available and have the ability to lower the chances of cancer.
- Follow good kitchen practices – Few common practices like washing fruits and vegetable thoroughly before cutting or peeling, not cooking oils on high heat, avoiding spoiled foods, less practice of reheating the food, etc., are very helpful methods in lowering the risk of cancer.
In the end, we are the ones who can control this fate to not hinder in our life, therefore maintaining a healthy lifestyle and going for a good eating pattern with nutritious food can turn this fate into a bone.