Not all can be cured, but we do have more control on our health. Studies have proven that a large percentage of patients diagnosed with cancer are directly related to lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet.
There is no single food that you may eat to fight cancer on its own. A balanced diet filled with variety of vegetables, fruits, soy, nuts, whole grains and beans can help lower your risk for many types of cancer. Fruits and vegetables are best sources of anti- oxidants such as beta- carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E and selenium. Study has shown Diets high in fruits may lower risk of stomach and lung cancer.
- Carrots, Brussels sprouts are good source of carotenoids and can lower risk of lung, pharynx and larynx cancer.
- Broccoli, spinach and beans and vitamin c rich fruits such as oranges, berries etc. help protect against stomach and esophageal cancer.
- Tomatoes, guava, watermelon known for high content of lycopene extend protection against prostate cancer.
- Garlic – contains sulfur compounds which stimulate immune system. Studies have shown its potential to reduce tumor growths.
- Onions- for best results consume them raw. They aid in fighting against prostate cancer.
- Kiwi – Little hand grenade of cancer-fighting antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E, lutein, and copper
- Blueberries – It’s a boost of antioxidants. So they neutralize the free radicals, hence boosting immunity.
- Salmon – Good source of omega3. Researchers state that people who ate 4 or more servings of salmon in a week were least at risk of leukemia, non- Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Studies have also proven ling between eating fatty fish( salmon, mackerel, tuna, etc.) with reduced endometrial cancer
- Black tea- Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer. Not to be consumed more than 2 cups a day.
- Apple- Reduces the risk of colon cancer as its natural fiber ferments in the colon. The produced chemicals aids in fighting colon cancer.
Fruits and vegetables are called as powerhouse as they have less unhealthy fat, are rich in flavonoids and fiber. These elements together boost the immune system and help your body keep cancer at bay.