Dengue is a common vector borne disease which can get complicated if the right medication and care is not provided at the right time. Another important aspect is self medicating not following the proper medical regime. Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen. Get plenty of rest and drink fluids to prevent dehydration. During the first week of infection, dengue virus can be found in your blood. Most of the people infected have mild or no symptoms. Approximately 1 in 4 people infected with dengue will get sick. Mild symptoms of dengue may be confused with other illnesses that cause fever and flu-like illness. Most people will recover after about one week.
How can you reduce the risk of dengue?
These are following points to reduce risk of dengue infection:-
- Apply mosquito repellent.
- Use long sleeves and long pants to cover your arms and legs.
- Use mosquito nets while sleeping.
- Wear long-sleeve shirts and long pants.
- Treat clothes with repellents like permethrin.
- Use EPA-registered mosquito repellent like deet.
- Consider using mosquito netting if you will be in an areas with many mosquitoes.
- You can soak methi powder in water and sip the mixture.
- Goldenseal is a herb whose dried root is used to make medicine. It has the ability to clear up the symptoms of dengue fever very quickly and eliminate the virus from the body.