Hodgkin Lymphoma is basically a type of blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system that supports the immune system get rid of waste and helps to fight infections. This disease is also referred with various names such as HD, Hodgkin disease and Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The patients can consult the doctors when they see some of the symptoms and the best place to get assistance for this disease, you can contact the best doctors at the Paras Cancer Centre.
Tests and Procedures for the Diagnosis Hodgkin’s Lymphoma include:
- Physical examination- Firstly, the doctor checks for the swollen lymph nodes, that also includes in the neck, underarm and groin. Even they check for swollen spleen or liver.
- Blood tests- They are done by taking the sample of the patient’s blood, which is examined in a laboratory to check possibility of cancer in the blood.
- Imaging tests- They are done with the help of X-ray, computerized tomography (CT) scan sand positron emission tomography (PET).
- A minor surgery is done to remove a swollen lymph node for testing in a laboratory.
- A bone marrow biopsy is also done to know about the signs of cancer in the bone marrow. In this procedure, a small amount of bone marrow, blood and bone are removed through a needle for testing.
The doctors at the Paras Cancer Centre do the needful diagnosis and then start their treatment accordingly and keeps a regular check on their patients for the best results of the treatment.
Which type of doctor to visit of you have been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma?
For the common man, every doctor is the same. However an oncologist specializes in cancer care. Moreover oncologists also super specialise in a variety of fileds and if you wish to consult a specialist of a type of blood cancer, it is recommended that you opt for a Hemato-Oncologist. If you don’t have one in your city or your hospital of choice, it is safe to opt for a medical oncologist. You can also discuss your case with a hematologist. Check the credentials of the hospital and the doctor and then opt for the right care. Remember delaying the treatment can compound the complications. Early diagnosis and timely treatment is essential in cancer.