Arthritis can be very limiting , but it doesn’t have to rule your life. Your target should be – Take control of your pain ,so it doesn’t control you.
It is not true that nothing can be done to relieve the pain of arthritis, but it is also true that there is no magic potion that will work immediately. Treatment will take time in this condition. The pain may be limited to one joint but may start spreading and affecting the rest of your body. Knee and Hip pain in particular have been noted to affect the lifestyle of a person. It affects the daily movements and also affects the participation of the person in everyday activities. Such limitations can make a person feel trapped and controlled. If you are suffering from chronic pain for more than a week, consult a doctor immediately.
Do’s for Managing Arthritis Pain:
Whatever your condition , you’ll have an easier staying ahead of your pain if you:
- Make sure that you speak with your doctor about all of your symptoms, even if you think that they’re nothing to do with your arthritis, they just might be and that will help him to build a complete picture of your well being.
- Ask your doctor for a clear definition of the type of arthritis you have
- Find out if any of your joints are already destroyed
- Stay focussed on yourself as well as the treatment goals – usually for fast relief people suffering from arthritis ask their friends or relatives ,what they take if they to suffer from this problem. Please note that what works for one might not work for another arthritic patient. So concentrate on your own problem
- Should be realistic with your expectations – person suffering from the pain of arthritis has to consider physical therapy ,dietary changes, natural and alternative treatments in addition to prescription medications. There is no magic pill that will wipe away the problem immediately. For complete relief it will take some time.
Don’ts for an Arthritis Patient:
Don’t go for self medication for unlimited and unreasonable amount of time – People suffering from arthritic pain want immediate relief, so initially they try to self treat their problem. They must do this job with help of a doctor and with full observation. Basic pain medication can harm your body due to the side effects. Depend on your doctor to make the right choices for you.