Cranberry is versatile fruits with far- reaching health benefits.There is significant evidence that suggests that cranberry juice helps to prevent vaginal tract infection. The proanthocyanidins found in cranberry juice prevent the bacteria from binding to the cells of the bladder wall. Thick juice makes the urine more acidic, thus creating an environment that is in hospitable for the infection causing bacteria to thrive. Drinking cranberry juice can prevent recurrent Urinary Tract Infection.
Other Benefit of Cranberry Juice:
- Boosts immunity: Juice is rich in antioxidants and photochemical which promote a healthy immune system
- Aids in weight loss: Cranberry juice has an emulsifying effect on fats deposited in body which in turn help in losing weight
- Improves cardiovascular health: Cranberry juice decreases atherosclerosis by suppressing the low-density lipoproteins
- Fights common infections: Cranberry juice is also effective in curing infection like cold, flu and sure throat
- Have Anti Adina properties: Antioxidants in cranberry juice combats the aging effect of free radicals and decrease the formation of wrinkles, redness, pigmentation o the skin
- Prevents scurvy: The high vitamin C content in cranberry juice is extremely vital for the production of collagen in the body
- Prevents kidney stone: It contains quinic acid which is beneficial in preventing the formation of kidney stone
- Skin benefits of cranberry juice: Cranberry juice regenerates, moisturizes and brightens the skin. It is effective in treating wrinkles that are primarily caused due to free radicals
The antiseptic properties of juice are very effective for treating ache and boils on the skin
Cranberry Juice Side Effect
- Too much of juice can lead to stomach upset & discomfort, diarrhea, and elevated blood sugar levels
- Cranberry juice interacts with some medicine, esp. heart medicine. The combination of cranberry juice and heart medicine can lead to internal bleeding.
- Too much of juice can cause wearing of the tooth enamel
- Naturally, Cranberries are low in sugar content and have a tart or astringent taste. As a result, unsweetened cranberry juice is generally considered unpalatable by consumers.