Treatment works best when cancer is found early – while it’s still small and is less likely to have spread to other parts of the body. This often means a better chance for a cure, especially if the cancer can be removed with surgery. So, it’s important that all of us understand the 10 warning signals of cancer.
The warning signs of cancer
To remember the seven early warning signs of cancer, think of the word CAUTION US
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles, or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing.
- Obvious change in the size, color, shape, or thickness of a wart, mole, or mouth sore.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
The following symptoms may also signal the presence of some form of cancer:
- Unexplained loss of weight or appetite
- Severe anemia
- Persistent low-grade fever, either constant or intermittent
We may never understand illnesses such as cancer. In fact, we may never completely cure it if detected very late. But let’s not forget that it is curable in early stages. And also an ounce of prevention is worth more than a million pounds of cure. One must not forget that recovery is brought about not by the physician, but by the sick man itself. He heals himself, by his own power, exactly as he walks by his own power, or eats or thinks, breaths or sleeps. So let us take charge of our health and on this day take pledge to understand warning signals of cancer and to go for regular screening check -ups not only of our selves but of our near and dear ones as well so that all of us can enjoy a long, healthy, stress-free, happy life.