Menopause is another developmental cycle in a woman’s life. It is a significant aspect for a woman as it shows the – Change of Life. A natural occurrence, it highlights the end of a woman’s reproductive years, however if you are not informed you may be ready for a whole lot of health issues.
How will I come to know that I am having a Menopause?
If you have not had your periods or menstruation cycle for the last 12 months, it means that you are experiencing menopause. You should not get hassled, however you should know that you are moving towards an end of your reproductive cycle.
When will I have a Menopause?
Most women have their menopause between 45-55 yrs of age. If you are experiencing the same symptoms at the age of 40 years then you are having a – ‘Premature Menopause’ and if you are experiencing the same at 45 yrs of age, its called – ‘ Early Menopause’. In any case at the onset, you should visit a Gynecologist.
What happens to a woman during Menopause?
The production of the female hormones in the body slows down, hormones fluctuate and you may experience a number of symptoms. If they start becoming a hindrance in your every day life, it’s recommended that you consult a specialist.
- Hot flushes and night sweats
- Aches and pains in the body
- Crawly feeling in the skin
- Headaches and irritability
- Reduced sex drive
- Urinary frequency and vaginal dryness
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse
What do I need if I am going through Menopause?
You need to be prepared as your body is going through an unregulated change. If your symptoms are not managed you can develop:
- Heart Disease
Hence a number of medical, nutritional and lifestyle modifications are necessary.
Recommendations to manage Menopause:
- Be ready to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday to keep your self fit and active.
- Understand your body changes and consult a specialist if there is any abnormality.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as it increases your heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis risk.
- Be positive and live a stress free life.
- Get regular PAP Smear and Mammography Tests done.