We will be able to help you see whether you have recurrent UTI and what treatment you should get for it. If you’ve been having recurring urinary tract infections you may need to look for the best urologist near you. We provide online consultations and have the best urologist in Gurgaon. There are several symptoms of UTI that can help you determine if it’s necessary to find a urologist. Some common symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Burning in urine and pain when urinating
- Bloody or dark urine
- Fever, nausea, fatigue, mental disorientation
- Pain in kidneys/lower bladder region
- Urinary incontinence, loss of bladder control as a cause of consequence of infection
Your urologist will get tests to determine if you have a urinary tract infection by performing lab tests on a sample of urine. The urologist will examine the sample of urine under a microscope, looking for signs of bacteria. Urologist will get urine culture for finding the appropriate medicines.
There are also a variety of reasons for recurrent urinary tract infections:
- Women at higher risk for UTI because their urethra is closer to their rectum, so it is easy for the bacteria from the rectum to reach the urethra. A woman’s urethra is also shorter than a man’s, which means the bacteria have a smaller distance to travel to the bladder where they can multiply and more easily cause infection.
- In women, any untreated vaginal infection or pelvic inflammatory disease, recent gynaecological intervention/pap smear, prolapse of bladder/uterus/rectum, use of intrauterine contraceptive device can be a reason.
- In men, UTI are uncommon and usually due to some underlying disease as prostate enlargement, renal stones urinary tract obstruction, uncontrolled diabetes.
- Recent unprotected sexual activity
- Lack of correct treatment of the bacteria responsible for the UTI
- Patient factors such as poorly controlled diabetes, use of immunological suppressants/chemotherapy, the doses of which may need to be reduced or eliminated.
- Recent / repeated urological interventions such as urinary catheter placement, external catheter placement, cystoscopic examination, urodynamics study, surgery on the urinary tract
- Recent diarrhea and faecal incontinence trigger an increase of microbes into the urinary space
- Patient needs treatment based on culture report and for permanent cure the regressive evaluation and treatment of underlying cause of recurrent UTI. Sometimes patient is kept on preventive treatment for 3 to 6 months for control of infection.
- Healthy diet proper hygiene habits are must for preventive infection of urinary tract.