Dermal fillers, sometimes called as soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness. Results of Sculptra & Radiesse improve over time. Both fillers trigger natural collagen production, leading to longer-lasting results. Radiesse typically lasts for 18 to 24 months. Belotero Balance hyaluronic acid filler treats lines and wrinkles around the mouth and chin.
Substances used in dermal fillers include:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite, which is a mineral-like compound found in bones
- Hyaluronic acid, which is found in few fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin
- Polyalkylimide, a transparent gel that is compatible with the body
- Polylactic acid, which stimulates the skin to make more collagen
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a semi-permanent filler