Plastic surgeons are now performing a wide range of cosmetic procedures on men. Many men who opt for plastic surgery are baby boomers, but the ages of male patients and their reasons for seeking cosmetic surgery vary widely. Here are the 5 most popular cosmetic procedures for men:
- Botox– Eliminates signs of creases and wrinkles that develop on the aging face and its low invasiveness boosts its appeal. Doctors inject Botox into the skin to paralyze muscles that would otherwise contract and make wrinkles obvious. Although Botox does not always completely eliminate existing creases, it makes them far less noticeable.
- Nose Reshaping- This procedure can take care of many deformities affecting the nose, including excessive width or length, crookedness, beaked nose, bulbous tip and flaring nostrils. Although the thicker skin possessed by men can be more difficult to shape than that of women, experienced surgeons are often successful at giving male patients the results they want.
- Eyelid Surgery- The eyelids, especially the upper lids, are prone to showing signs of aging before other parts of the face. By removing excess skin, removing and repositioning fat and eliminating parts of muscle, surgeons can eliminate fatty deposits, fix drooping eyelids and lighten dark circles under the eyes.
- Liposuction- Surgeons insert an instrument under the skin, breaking up fat and vacuuming it out to eliminate unwanted fat in patients with stable body weight. The procedure is not intended to treat obesity, but it can have permanent positive effects on the shape of the body.
- Gynecomastia or Breast Reduction- The surgery removes local fat, glands or a combination in order to eliminate signs of gynecomastia. Because it is an outpatient procedure, men don’t have to worry about the inconvenience of inpatient surgery.