Inflammation of the walls of the stomach.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs, both steroids (cortisone and derivatives) and non-steroids (aspirin, diclofenac, etc.).
- Stress due to various diseases.
- Viral or bacterial infections.
- Inadequate or very spicy food.
- Alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine.
- The pernicious anemia: a form of anemia that occurs when the stomach does not have the optimal amount of natural substance needed to absorb and digest vitamin B12.
- Biliary reflux: It is a reverse flow of bile in the stomach. The stream reaches the liver and gallbladder.
- Infections caused by bacteria or viruses.
- Crohn’s disease: It is a rare disease that inflames the digestive tracts of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as AIDS.
- Gastric surgeries that expose the stomach to bile.
Signs and Symptoms
- Abdominal pain, in the mouth of the stomach usually.
- Pain in the thorax.
- The pain is usually related to meals: either calm down or get worse with them.
- Flatulence or gas.
- Acid taste in the mouth, with a burning sensation behind the sternum.
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and diarrhea.
- Vomiting of blood.
- Blood in stool (dyes it black).
- Unable to explain anemia.
- Use of medications such as aspirin or anti-inflammatories.
- Inadequate diet
- Diseases that decrease resistance.
- Gastric irritants such as tobacco, alcohol, coffee or tea.
- Fatigue or overtraining.
- Infection of the stomach with the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori.
- Avoid medicines that damage the stomach. If you have had stomach problems, warn the doctor.
- No Smoking.
- Moderate diet
Study of the stomach through a tube (gastroscopy) with sampling to analyze, since in these cases we must rule out stomach cancer.
- Improve the symptoms of heartburn by eliminating the possible causes.
- If there is a possibility of stomach bleeding you should enter the hospital.
- Do not use salicylates (aspirin) or other anti-inflammatory drugs.
- If it is essential, associate antacids or anti-ulcers (always under medical supervision).
- If you need a painkiller for minor discomfort or fever, use paracetamol or metamizole.
- Antiulcer under prescription.
- Increase the number of meals by reducing their quantity.
- Drink water or milk.
- Do not ingest anything in the attacks. With this disease, it is advised to follow the following diets:
- Common diet for ulcus