Irregular Menstrual Cycle
Sometimes women have problems during their menstrual cycle, called menstrual irregularities or menstrual problems. They may not have periods, have periods very often, have unpredictable menstrual bleeding, or they may have painful menstrual periods.
When they are not caused by pregnancy, menstrual irregularities are usually a sign of some condition or problem.
For what reasons can the menstrual cycle be broken?
Some factors can lead to abnormalities in the work of the woman’s reproductive system. All of them are divided into physiological and pathological. The first group includes:
- The menstrual cycle is restored within a few months after the baby’s birth. The reproductive function is fully established after the cessation of lactation.
- Functions of the ovaries gradually fade, so menstrual bleeding occurs irregularly.
- Young age. The girl’s reproductive system is not yet fully developed.
- Interference in normal physiological processes leads to disruption of the menstrual cycle. As a rule, it is restored within a few months after the abortion.
For pathological reasons, violations of the menstrual cycle include:
- Failures in the work of the hormonal system of women.
- Neoplasms in the uterus. Various polyps and tumors, including benign, can lead to a violation of reproductive function.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
- Reception of hormonal contraceptives.
- Endometriosis of the uterus.
- Diseases not related to the sexual sphere of a woman. Violation of the menstrual cycle can provoke pathological processes of the thyroid gland, blood diseases, diabetes mellitus, etc.
- Emotional splash. Most often there is a short-term cycle violation.
- Diagnostic tests:
- To begin the correct treatment, it is important to find out what the cycle disturbances were caused by. A comprehensive survey may include the following methods:
- Interrogation of the patient.
- Gynecological examination.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of pelvic organs. The test will help to identify the pathological processes that occur in the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. More accurate information can be obtained using MRI diagnostics.
- The method of ultrasound diagnostics helps to trace the growth of the follicle and the onset of ovulation.
How to restore the menstrual cycle
- Therapy for menstrual irregularities should be comprehensive. Medication should be combined with the right way of life. To restore the reproductive function will have to abandon bad habits.
- Drug treatment and herbal plants
- Diet and Lifestyle management