Psoriasis is a skin condition which is chronic. This is generally caused by an overactive immune system of your body. They are unpredictable and irritating in nature. This is one of the most persistent skin issues in all over the world. In this condition, skin cells are multiplied ten times faster than the normal state. Psoriasis usually occurs on knees, elbows, palms, torso, scalp, and soles of the feet as well.
Sign and Symptoms
- You can have red patches on the skin
- Your skin can feel inflammation
- The red patches are covered with loose, silvery scales
- You can feel terrible itching
- The patches may seem painful
- In some cases, the patches may even get extremely dried, cracked and bleed
- Sometimes they can grow and come together to cover a large area of the skin
- Your head can also have similar patches
Causes and Risks
Surprisingly individual patient has a distinct trigger for psoriasis. The factor that can be harmful to your psoriasis may not cause any danger to the other patients. In general cold and dry weather can cause psoriasis on the skin. Apart from that stress can also increase the problem. Some medicines can cause this too. Infections like tonsillitis can be the cause of such kind of outbreak on the skin too.
Treatment and Management
You can have many topical treatments for that. Though this is a chronic disease that can return at any time, however treatments are there that can offer you a temporary remedy. Along with the topical treatment, there are oral medicines too.