When your thyroid gland has the growth of abnormal cells, then it causes thyroid cancer. The butterfly-shaped gland is located in front of your neck. The purpose of this gland is to create hormones that stimulate and regulate the method of using energy in your body.
This is a rare type of cancer, and in most of the cases, patients with this type of cancer can do well, because it can be diagnosed early and get cured soon.
Signs and Symptoms
There are diverse and multiple symptoms of this type of cancer
- Having lump or swelling in the neck is the most common one
- You can have pain in neck and ears
- You may face issues in swallowing
- You can have constant wheezing or have problems while breathing
- You may have changes in your normal voice
- You can have a frequent cough which does not have any connection with cold
Causes and Risk Factors
Like the other types of cancers, here also the experts cannot find the real cause or the definite reason for having this cancer. However, changes in the DNA of the cells can be a potential cause. These changes can be inherited and can occur due to ageing.
Treatment and Management
The aim of the treatment is to remove the cancer cells from your body. The process of this removal depends on the type and stage of cancer, your age, and your general health issues. Surgery or radiation can be the options for treating this disease.