based on total reviews
DR Aman Batish
Associate Consultant Neurosurgery
Dr. Aman Batish is a trained neurosurgeon from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has further trained in cerebrovascular neurosurgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has special interests in Brain tumors, vascular neurosurgery, neurotrauma, and stereotactic neurosurgery.
- Worked in PGIMER, Chandigarh as a postdoctoral fellow in Vascular Neurosurgery from 2019-2020
Education and Fellowships
- MBBS, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh (2012)
- MS (General Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi (2016)
- MCh (Neurosurgery), PGIMER, Chandigarh (2019)
- Neurological Surgeons Society of India (NSSI)
- American Association of Neurosurgeons (AANS)
- European Association of Neurosurgeons (EANS)
- Neurological Society North-west Zone
- Chandigarh Neurosurgery Association (CNA)
- Brain tumors
- Skull base neurosurgery
- Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery
- Spinal tumors and degenerative spinal disorders
Research & Publications
- He has written for multiple national and international publications and journals.
- Gamma Knife radiosurgical Pallidotomy for Dystonia: Not a Fallen Angel. Tripathi M, Sharan S, Mehta S, Deora H, Yagnick NS, Kumar N, Ahuja CK, Batish A, Gurnani J. Neurol India. 2019 Nov-Dec;67(6):1515-1518. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.273644
- The Safety and Efficacy of Bevacizumab for Radiosurgery – Induced Steroid – Resistant Brain Edema; Not the Last Part in the Ship of Theseus. Tripathi M, Ahuja CK, Mukherjee KK, Kumar N, Dhandapani S, Dutta P, Kaur R, Rekhapalli R, Batish A, Gurnani J, Kamboj P, Agrahari A, Kataria K. Neurol India. 2019 Sep-Oct;67(5):1292-1302. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.271242
- In Reply to the Letter to the Editor Regarding “Safety and Efficacy of Primary Multisession Dose Fractionated Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for Jugular Paragangliomas”. Deora H, Tripathi M, Agrahari A, Batish A, Kumar N, Oinam AS, Ahuja CK, Aggarwal A, Mohindra S, Gurnaani J, Kaur R, Kaur P, Bhatt S. World Neurosurgery. 2019. Nov;131:304-305
- Penetrating Injury of the Eye Causing Bilateral Visual Loss: An Eye Opener! Singh MK, Deora H, Tripathi M, Mohindra S, Batish A. Asian J Neurosurg. 2019 Jul-Sep;14(3):943-945. DOI: 10.4103/ajns.AJNS_64_19.
- Safety and Efficacy of Primary Multisession Dose Fractionated Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for Jugular Paragangliomas.
Tripathi M, Rekhapalli R, Batish A, Kumar N, Oinam AS, Ahuja CK, Deora H, Aggarwal A, Mohindra S, Kaur P, Kaur R, Bhatt S, Gurnani J. World Neurosurg. 2019 Nov;131:e136-e148. DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2019.07.090. Epub 2019 Jul 16
- Letter to the Editor. Doing more with less and the barebones neurosurgical setup. Yagnick NS, Deora H, Tripathi M, Batish A, Mohindra S. J Neurosurg. 2019 Jul 5;131(3):987-988. DOI: 10.3171/2019.3.JNS19576. No abstract available
- Fatal transorbital penetrating injury to the brain by the clutch lever of a bike. Aggarwal A, Batish A, Salunke P.Neurol India. 2019 Mar-Apr;67(2):617. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.258053. No abstract available.
- Zen and the Art of Neurosurgery: Thought Becomes Action. Yagnick NS, Deora H, Tripathi M, Mohindra S, Batish A.World Neurosurg. 2019 Jan 22. PII: S1878-8750(19)30109-3. DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2018.12.224. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available
- Tears: A Bizarre Cause of Collision in Gamma Knife Radiosurgery. Tripathi M, Kulshreshtha A, Oinam AS, Kumar N, Batish A, Deora H, Agrahari A, Bhagat H.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2018;96(6):416-417. DOI: 10.1159/000495416. Epub 2019 Jan 17. No abstract available
- Letter to the Editor. Microsurgical rhizotomy as a treatment for trigeminal neuralgia in patients with multiple sclerosis: turnpike or dirt road?Deora H, Tripathi M, Modi M, Mohindra S, Batish A, Gurnani J, Agrahari A.J Neurosurg. 2018 Oct 1:1-4. DOI: 10.3171/2018.8.JNS182227. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available
- Changing Hands: Why Being Ambidextrous Is a Trait That Needs to Be Acquired and Nurtured in Neurosurgery. Deora H, Tripathi M, Yagnick NS, Deora S, Mohindra S, Batish A.World Neurosurg. 2019 Feb;122:487-490. DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2018.11.106. Epub 2018 Nov 22. Review
- Recurrent epistaxis due to cribriform plate dural arteriovenous fistula: are they related? Should the treatment be from the venous, pial, or arterial side? Tripathi M, Kamal Ahuja C, Gupta A, Kumar Mukherjee K, Batish A, Buddhiraja M.Br J Neurosurg. 2018 Oct 13:1-3. DOI: 10.1080/02688697.2018.1524077. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sully, Simulation, and Neurosurgery.Tripathi M, Yagnick NS, Mohindra S, Batish A, Gupta SK.World Neurosurg. 2018 Oct;118:400-401. DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2018.07.095. No abstract available
- Temporary non-cicatricial focal alopecia following Gamma knife radiosurgery: Case series and review of the literature.Tripathi M, Buddhiraja M, Kumar N, Batish A, Ahuja CK, Kamboj P, Kaur R, Kaur A. Neurol India. 2018 Sep-Oct;66(5):1469-1474. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.241362. Review
- Letter to the Editor. Transoral adenoidectomy: a time-honored rescue procedure. Chauhan RB, Satapathy A, Mohindra S, Tripathi M, Batish A, Dave S. J Neurosurg Spine. 2018 Nov 1;29(5):608-610. DOI: 10.3171/2018.4.SPINE18424
- Letter to the Editor. Cafeteria approach to the management of trigeminal neuralgia: stereotactic radiosurgery as a preferred option.Tripathi M, Batish A. J Neurosurg. 2018 Jun 1:1-2. DOI: 10.3171/2018.5.JNS181203. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Contralateral Hearing Loss After Resection of Vestibular Schwannoma in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis 2: Case Report and Literature Review.Tripathi M, Satapathy A, Chauhan RB, Batish A, Gupta SK.World Neurosurg. 2018 Sep;117:74-79. DOI: 10.1016/j.wneu.2018.05.245. Epub 2018 Jun 12. Review
- Eye in the brain.Tripathi M, Varshney N, Batish A, Mohindra S.Neurol India. 2018 May-Jun;66(3):883-884. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.232284. No abstract available.
- Safety and efficacy of single-fraction gamma knife radiosurgery for benign confined cavernous sinus tumors: our experience and literature review.Tripathi M, Batish A, Kumar N, Ahuja CK, Oinam AS, Kaur R, Narayanan R, Gurnaani J, Kaur A.Neurosurg Rev. 2018 Apr 9. DOI: 10.1007/s10143-018-0975-8. [Epub ahead of print] Review.
- Not a refugee, nasogastric tube in the brain: Modes of prevention and controversies in management. Dandpat SK, Tripathi M, Varshney N, Batish A, Mohindra S.Neurol India. 2018 Mar-Apr;66(2):523-524. DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.227265. Review. No abstract available
- Primary carcinoma of the cystic duct: a case report and review of classifications. Bains L, Kaur D, Kakar AK, Batish A, Rao S.World J Surg Oncol. 2017 Jan 19;15(1):30. DOI: 10.1186/s12957-016-1073-4. Review
- Fully developed accessory lower limb with tethered cord: Are these two anomalies related?. Mohindra S, Batish A, Patil NR, Tripathi M. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 Apr 23 (Online ahead of print) DOI: 10.10007/s00381-020-04616-4
- Leiomyosarcoma in cervical myelomeningocele: a rare complication in a neglected case. Mohindra S, Batish A, Tripathi M, Nambiyar K, Gupta K. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 Oct 17 (Online ahead of print) DOI: 10.1007/s00381-020-04928-5
- Vim stereotactic radiosurgical thalamotomy for drug-resistant idiopathic Holmes tremor: a case report. Tripathi M, Mehta S, Singla R, Ahuja CK, Tandalya N, Tuleasca C, Batish A, Mohindra S, Agrahari A, Kaur R. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2020 July 17.doi:10.1007/s00701-020-04489
- Disinfecting gamma gantry during the coronavirus pandemic: another area 51. Tripathi M, Deora H, Sadashiv N, Batish A, Mohindra S. Stereotactic Funct Neurosurg. 2020;98(5):358-360
- The aftermath of COVID-19 lockdown-why and how should we be ready?. Deora H, Sadashiv N, Tripathi M, Yagnick NS, Mohindra S, Batish A, et al. Neurol India. 2020 Jul-Aug;68(4):774-791
- Adaptations in radiosurgery practice during COVID crises. Tripathi M, Deora H, Sadashiv N, Batish A, Mohindra S, Gupta SK. Neurol India. 2020 Sep-Oct;68(5):1008-1011
- Management of CVJ tuberculosis: the changing paradigm. Mohindra S, Tripathi M, Batish A, Mohindra S, Mahendru S. Acta Neurochir (Wien).2020 Nov;162(11):2875-2886
- Radiosurgery For trigeminal neuralgia secondary to dolichoectatic vessels: case series and review of the literature. Tripathi M, Batish A, Patil NR, Mohindra S. Journal of neurosciences in rural practice. (accepted)
- Primary calvarial Ewing sarcoma: a case series. Mohindra S, Tripathi M, Batish A. Journal of neurological surgery-Part B. (accepted)
- Iatrogenic occipital neuralgia. Tripathi M, Jani P, Batish A, Mohindra S, Ghai B. Patil NR. Neurology India. Dec 2020
Situational Analysis in Neurosurgery. Tripathi M, Batish A. Neurology India. Dec 2020
Chapter in books
- Anterior subtemporal intradural approach to trigeminal schwannomas. Sandeep Mohindra, Aman Batish, Manjul Tripathi, Patha Jani, Abhinav Agrahari, Jenil Gurnani
- Retrosigmoid approach to vestibular schwannomas. Sandeep Mohindra, Aman Batish, Manjul Tripathi, Parth Jani, Abhinav Agrahari, Sunil Gupta
- Gamma knife for brain lesions. Manjul Tripathi, Aman Batish, Sandeep Mohindra