based on total reviews
Dr Anurag Sharma
Associate Director, Cardiology
Dr. Anurag Sharma has extensive experience of more than 20 years in the field of Cardiology and has independently performed more than 7500 PTCA/Stents in different patient subgroups that include single vessel, multivessel, ostial, bifurcation, unstable angina, left main, etc. He is also an expert in implanting pacemakers, CRT devices, and AICD implantation. He is one of the Co-Investigator in the National HEART FAILURE REGISTRY. Heart failure is another field of his choice.
- December 2017 to date (Director, HOD Dept of Cardiology, Ojas Super Speciality Hospital, Panchkula, Haryana)
- April 2017 to Nov 2017(Director, ACE Heart and Vascular Institute, Mohali, Punjab)
- Nov. 2014 to March 2017 (Director, Department of Cardiology, MAX hospitals, Mohali, Punjab)
- Jan 2012 to Oct.2014 (Senior Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, MAX Hospitals, Mohali, Punjab)
- Sep. 2008 to Jan 2012 (Chief Cardiologist, Interventional Cardiology, Alchemist Hospitals, Panchkula, Haryana, India)
- July 2007 to Sep. 2008 (Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)
- March 2007 to June 2007 (Consultant, Interventional Cardiologist, Global Hospitals, Hyderabad)
- Feb. 2005 to March 2007 (Consultant Interventional Cardiology, Usha Mullapudi Cardiac Centre, Hyderabad, India)
- Jan 2003 to Jan. 2005 (Associate Consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Fortis Hospital, Mohali, Punjab, India)
Education and Fellowships
- MBBS, Government Medical College, Punjabi University, Patiala
- MD (Internal Medicine), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- DM (Cardiology), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- GOLD Member of European Society of Heart Failure
- IFE Member of Indian Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Registered with Indian Medical Association, Haryana Branch
- Has been a Rotarian for 10 Years.
- Life member of Sahayata Cancer Society.
- Founder Member of Kamla Devi Memorial Charitable Society to help poor patients for their treatment.
- Founder Member of (SPEAK)- Society for ethical and affordable healthcare.
- Coronary Artery Diseases (Elective and Primary PCI)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Biventricular Pacemakers (CRT-P)
- Combo Devices (CRT-D) and ICDs
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Carotid Artery Stenting
- Subclavian Artery Stenting
- Aortic Stenting
- Peripheral Arterial Angioplasty and Stenting
- Below Knee Interventions (BKI)
- Complex coronary artery angioplasty
Awards & Honors
- SBI-GOMCO Chandigarh award of Young ACHIEVERS 2014
- TIMES OF INDIA AWARD “ACHIEVERS IN CARDIOLOGY” – 2018
- SPEAK INDIA AWARD for excellence in CARDIOLOGY – 2017
Research & Publications
- A.Sharma, H.K.Bali, M Bhargava, and S Sharma: Evaluation of left ventricular function before and after nonsurgical closure of large Secundum atrial septal defect. (Abstract) AM. J. CARDIOLOGY Vol90 (suppl6a) 2002.
- H.k. Bali, J.Singh, M Bhargava, I.A.khan, A.Sharma: Clinical and angiographic profile of acute myocardial infarction in patients of <35 years of age: emphasis on newer risk factors. (ABSTRACT) AM.J.CARDIOLOGY Vol90 (suppl6a) 2002.
- Rohit Manoj Kumar, Anurag Sharma, Anil Grover: Secondary lymphoma of the heart presenting as recurrent syncope. INDIAN HEART JOURNAL 2001:53:221-223.
- Verma PK, Sharma A, Venkatesh S, Anand RK, Varma JS: “Partitioned” Left anterior descending artery with absent right superior vena cava in rheumatic mitral stenosis: a rare anomaly in a patient who underwent balloon mitral valvotomy INDIAN HEART JOURNAL 2000:52:449-451
- Verma PK, Thingnam Shyam KS, Sharma A, et al: Delayed embolization of amplatzer septal occluder device: an unknown entity. A Case Report ANGIOLOGY 54:115-118,2003
- Acute alcoholic myopathy, rhabdomyolysis, and acute renal failure: a case report. S Singh, A Sharma, A sud, et al: NEUROLOGY INDIA 2000,48(1) 84- 85
- Endovascular Stent Implantation in the Coeliac and Superior mesenteric arteries in the Treatment of Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia: Srimannarayana, K Jagadeesh Babu, KGRamesh, PVRRaju, Anurag Sharma. INDIAN HEART JOURNAL 2006; 58: 158–159
- Atrial Myxoma-Related to Chronic Immunosuppression: A case report.
Singh P, Bajaj N, Agrawal G, Sharma A. J Saudi Heart Association 2012 Oct;24(4):265-7
- Sharma, M.K., Sharma, M., & Sharma, A., 2020. Developing Area Level Socioeconomic Index for Risk Estimation Study of Cardiovascular Disease. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(3s), 1951 – 1963
- Dissertation: Evaluation of left ventricular function before and after nonsurgical closure of large Secundum atrial septal defect. ( FIRST STUDY IN LITERATURE)
- Co-investigator in VIVE (international registry for cobalt-chromium stent vision) registry
- Co-Investigator in National Heart Failure Registry . (NHFR)
- Co-Investigator in National Heart Failure Registry. (NHFR)
- Presented an invited lecture in London on Responsible Research in April 2017 organized by London School Of Management Sciences.
- Presented 2 papers in TCT 2002 in the Poster session: Evaluation of left ventricular function before and after nonsurgical closure of large Secundum atrial septal defect.
- Clinical and angiographic profile of acute myocardial infarction in patients of <35 years of age: emphasis on newer risk factors.
- Chaired the session on Complex angioplasty in Hyderabad 2009
- Presented Oral Presentation in APCC (Singapore) 2004 (Asia Pacific Congress of Cardiology)
- Evaluation of left ventricular function before and after nonsurgical Closure of large Secundum atrial septal defect.
- Presented Poster Presentation in ICEM, Singapore, June 2010.
- Presented a case of left main Minicrush in NIC/EBC meet in NEW DELHI July 2013.