Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery has internationally benchmarked standards of orthopaedic diagnostic and operating protocols for the treatment of orthopaedic disorders and injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee and hip. A multi-disciplinary team of specialists that includes doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nursing staff and other paramedical staff work together to ensure compassionate care and the best possible outcomes. Individualized plans are created for replacement surgeries and state of the art technology is used at every stage, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation. The Institute is one of the few centers of the country where computer navigation surgery technology is used to guide the process, ensuring better alignment, greater precision and excellent surgical outcomes.
- Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery specializes in joint replacement surgery by suing the latest computer navigation technology. The computer aided navigation is the latest tool for assisting surgeons to perform the joint replacement with 100% accuracy, avoiding human errors.
- Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery specializes in organizing numerous live workshops. The initiative aids the continuous medical exchange and education.
- Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery is a specialized centre for sports related injuries. All centers have well formulated units to address Screening, Counseling and Injury Rehabilitation.
- Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery is a specialized centre for trauma cases. Each unit under the institute has a multi disciplinary team of Orthopedics, Vascular Surgeons, Plastic and Reconstructive Specialists. The teams are available on a 24X7 basis.
Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery has specialized team of doctors of national and international repute that are adept to handle a range of complex, major and minor orthopedic issues.
- Total Hip Replacement
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Resurfacing Hip Replacement
- Revision (redo) Hip Replacement
- Ceramic Hop Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement with Computer Navigation technology
- Partial (Uni compartmental) Knee Replacement
- Patella femoral replacement
- Revision (redo) knee replacement
- Partial and total shoulder replacement
- Primary and Revision
Replacement of Small Joints of hand- for rheumatoid patients.
Foot and ankle surgeries
Complex trauma management
- 24X7 support by multi disciplinary team of orthopedics, vascular surgeons, plastic and reconstructive specialists.
Arthroscopic Surgeries and Sports Injuries:
Paras Institute of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery has a dedicated team of specialists to treat sports injuries with emphasis on strengthening and rehabilitation. The Institute provides 360 degree comprehensive care to the sports persons and the sports injured. The Institute provides the following:
- Screening of the sports persons
- Counseling related with injuries and drugs
- Nutritional advice
- Psychological counseling
- Injury prevention counseling
- Post injury rehabilitation
Total knee replacement is one of the most gratifying and rewarding of all orthopedic surgeries.The success of total knee arthroplasty depends on many factors, including patient selection, prosthesis design, pre-operative condition of the joint, surgical technique including proper soft tissue balancing and most importantly, component and limb alignment. Paras Institute of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Surgery is based on sound medical ethics and we have stringent patient selection criteria for surgical procedures so that we are able to ensure that only the right patient is operated and in the best possible manner. Computer aided navigation technology is the latest tool for assisting the surgeons to perform the joint replacement with 100% accuracy avoiding any human errors.
Are there any drawbacks in manual technique of knee replacement?
Conventionally, while doing a knee replacement, surgeon uses manual examination which is aided by the use of jigs and alignment guides which use bony landmarks to align the metallic and plastic components correctly with respect to bone. It has been found that despite the available instrumentation system, at times, human errors and minor toggle in the jigs up to few degrees are unavoidable especially in cases with significant preoperative deformity around the joint. There are other valid limitations like obesity, post-fracture deformity, narrow bone, previous operation around the joint which tend to reduce the surgical accuracy with conventional technique even in the hands of very experienced surgeons. An error of more than 3-5 degrees can result in poor recovery and reduce the longevity of the artificial implant.
What is Computer Navigation?
Computer Navigation is the latest Infra-red based real time tool for performing total knee replacement. Navigation helps to reduce errors during surgery by providing real time visual information about the accuracy of the bone cuts, implant positioning, ligament balancing, and final alignment of the limb.
How does Computer Navigation work?
During knee replacement surgery, the surgeon uses infrared markers and trackers to mark the patient’s own bony landmarks. The data is captured by the Infrared cameras in the navigation system which generates a real time 3D model of the patient’s knee joint. Also, the landmarks which are vital for implant positioning but cannot be seen by human eye or approximated with conventional instruments (hip centre and ankle centre) are accurately located with the help of software algorithms. Finally each step of the surgery is monitored real time and errors up to 0.5 degrees and 0.5 mm can be precisely fine-tuned. As a result, the knee is implanted with 100% accuracy in every patient.
What are the benefits of Computer Navigation to the patients undergoing knee replacement?
- No scope of human errors
- Perfect implant alignment and balancing
- Maximizes longevity of implant
- Minimizes blood loss and pulmonary embolism
- Faster rehabilitation, quick return to normal activities
- Can be performed even in patients with previous implants (plate or nail) in bones, severe deformities in thigh bone or leg bone, previous High tibial osteotomy (HTO), severely osteoporotic bones, very obese / overweight patients.
How can I be sure that the surgery performed on me is done manually or with Computer Navigation?
At the end of surgery, the computer generates a surgery report which has details of all the real time images captured during various steps of surgery. This compiled report is preserved in our records and given to patients on demand.
Does computer navigated surgery take more time than manual technique?
In experienced surgeon’s hands, computer navigation actually saves time during surgery and obviates the need for many steps performed during manual technique. Moreover, it reduces the blood loss and chances of pulmonary embolism since the medullary canal of femur (thigh bone) does not need to be drilled and opened in this technique.
At Paras Institute of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Surgery with the ultimate synergy of surgical skill and computer navigation technology, we ensure that we deliver uniform accuracy and consistent results in all the patients without the risk of human errors.
We truly deliver….precision with care.
To know more about orthopedicians, bone specialists, joint replacement surgeons, recommended treatment plan and cost associated with joint replacement, hip replacement, knee replacement and shoulder replacement, please share your request and reports at email@example.com