The Department of Medical Oncology at Paras Institute of Cancer Care offers diagnosis and treatment for the entire gamut of solid tumors (breast, lung, colon, ovary, stomach, gastric, kidney, liver, cervical, postrate cancer treatment etc.) and hematological malignancies (lymphomas, leukemia, multiple myelomas etc.) affecting both adults and children. The department aims at increasing the life expectancy and optimizing the quality of life of cancer patients by curative chemotherapy, supportive and palliative care.
- Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon offers a state-of-the-art 10 bedded day care facility for chemotherapy.
- Cytotoxic Admixture Rooms and laminar flow bio-safety cabinets conforming to world class standards
- Well equipped in-house pharmacy for all oncology medicines.
- A multi-disciplinary team dispels services ranging from cancer screening to diagnosis and cancer management in a holistic manner.
- The team comprises of experienced doctors, dedicated nurses and trained technicians
Treatment and Procedures
- Chemotherapy uses drugs or medications to treat many types of cancer. It works by targeting and eliminating rapidly dividing cancer cells in the body.
- Systemic: Mostly chemotherapy is given through a drip into a vein in your arm
- Targeted: A lot of newer anti cancer medications are being developed that are more specific to the tumor and do not harm the normal body tissues as it does in traditional chemotherapy.
- Intra-peritoneal: This treatment allows the drug to be sent to the cancer sites with fewer side effects to the rest of the body. It allows chemotherapy to be given into the abdomen.
Hormones are substances that occur naturally in the body and act as chemical messengers influencing the growth and activity of various cells. Hormones are produced by a number of different organs or glands which form part of the endocrine system. This therapy acts by altering the production or activity of particular hormones in the body. They are most commonly used to treat breast cancer and prostate cancer. The type of hormonal therapy given depends on the cancer being treated.
Biological therapies use substances that occur naturally in the body to destroy cancer cells. There are several types of cancer treatment including: monoclonal antibodies, cancer growth inhibitors, vaccines and gene therapy.