Bone Density Test
A bone density test determines the density of calcium and other minerals in an area of bone. This test is performed to check if the patient is suffering from osteoporosis. In osteoporosis, the bones become more fragile due to lower calcium level and are more likely to break. A bone density test helps diagnose osteoporosis before a broken bone occurs.
How is Bone Density Test performed?
A bone density uses a machine that scans the bone density in the body. This test is a painless procedure and you need to remain still during the test. This test employs X-rays to determine the quantity of calcium and other bone minerals present into a segment of bone. Bone density test commonly uses a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan. The bones that are most commonly scanned in this test are in the spine, hip and forearm.
Why the Test is performed?
The bone density test is carried out to diagnose
- Osteoporosis and bone loss
- Whether the administered osteoporosis medicine is working as required or not
- Check bone health and predict risk of future bone fractures
Who should get a Bone Density Test done?
- Woman of age 65 or older and man of age 70 or older
- Bone fracture after 50 years of age
- Woman of menopausal age with risk factors
- Postmenopausal woman under age 65 with risk factors
- People who have lost at least 1.6 inches (4 centimeters) in height
- Those who have received a transplant
- People with a break or bone loss in the spine
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the orthopedicians, joint specialists, sports injury specialists and the cost and estimate for joint replacement, hip replacement, shoulder replacement, fracture, bone injury, please share your request and reports at email@example.com