Cardiac catheterization is the procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of cardiovascular conditions. In this procedure, a long and thin catheter is inserted into a vein or artery through the groin, arm, or the neck. This catheter is then threaded through the blood vessels to the heart. Through this catheter, diagnostic tests can be conducted. This procedure is also used as a part of a number of treatments for heart diseases, like coronary angioplasty.
Why is it done?
Cardiac catheterization is a process that is done for two reasons, either to see if you have a heart problem, or as a part of a procedure to correct a heart problem.
As a test, this procedure can help in:
- Locating any narrowing or blockages in your blood vessels
- Measuring pressure and oxygen levels in your heart
- Checking the pumping function of the heart
- Biopsy of the heart
- Diagnosing congenital heart defects
- Looking for issues in the heart valves
Cardiac catheterization can also be done as a part of various heart treatments like
- Closing any holes in the heart and fixing other congenital defects
- Repairing or replacing the heart valves
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Cardiac ablation or heart arrhythmia treatment
- Closing off a part of the heart to prevent blood clots
- Alcohol septal ablation
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the cardiac diseases, cardiologists, heart specialists, your treatment options, estimate and cost of cardiac treatment, please share your request and reports at email@example.com