A CT Scan, or a computerized tomography scan, combines X-ray images that are taken from various angles, and then uses processing to create cross-section slices that show the bones, blood vessels and the tissues inside your body. Images provided by a CT scan are much more detailed than those that are provided by a plain X-ray.
Why is it done?
The main reasons for conducting a CT scan on a patient include:
- Diagnosis of muscle and bone disorders, like bone tumors and fractures
- Pinpointing the location of aninfection, blood clot or tumor
- Guiding various procedures like biopsy, radiation therapy, and surgeries
- Detection and monitoring of conditions and diseases like liver masses,lung nodulesheart disease, and cancer
- Monitoring effectiveness of treatments, like cancer treatment
- Detection of internal injuries or internal bleeding
The main risks that are involved in the conduction of a CT scan on a patient are:
- Radiation exposure: A CT scan briefly exposes the patient toionizing radiation. Owing to the fact that the CT scan gathers more information, the amount of radiation exposure is also more than that in an X-ray. Though these scans have not been shown to cause long lasting harm, there is a very small potential for increase in the risk of cancer.
- Harm to unborn babies: The radiation from a CT scan is unlikely to injure an unborn baby, but a doctor may be able to recommend a different test that will avoid exposing your baby to any radiation altogether.
- Reactions to contrast material: A special dye called a contrast material is required at times to be injected into a vein. Though not very common, this material may at times cause allergic reactions.
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about cost and estimate of treatment of brain tumor, brachial plexus, deep seated tumors, pituitary tumors, olfactory tumors, neurosurgeons, neuro surgery experts, please share your request and reports at firstname.lastname@example.org