An echocardiogram is a type of ultrasound test that is performed using transducer device which produces images of heart using high pitched sound waves. These pictures help doctors identify different heart diseases. There are different types of echocardiograms, which are performed to identify heart health situations.
The different types of echocardiograms are
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE). It is performed to get images of the heart by moving the transducer on patient’s chest or abdominal wall.
- Stress echocardiogram. This test is performed to identify the situation of decreased blood flow to heart. It is done both before and after heart is stressed.
- Doppler echocardiogram. Doppler echocardiogram test is done to identify blood flow movement through the heart chambers, heart valves, and blood vessels.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE). TEE Test is done to get clear picture of the heart by passing down the probe through the esophagus. To perform this, a sedative and an anesthetic are applied to the throat to make the patient feel comfortable.
Common reasons to do echocardiogram test
- To identify abnormal sound of heart, irregular heartbeats, unexplained chest pain or pressure, an enlarged heart, or shortness of breath.
- To check the movement and thickness of the heart wall.
- To look at the working of the heart valves.
- To measure size and shape of chambers of the heart.
- To look for blood clots and tumours inside the heart.
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the cardiac diseases, cardiologists, heart specialists, your treatment options, estimate and cost of cardiac treatment, please share your request and reports at email@example.com