Medication & Treatment of Ckd
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is a term used to define the gradual loss of kidney function in a patient. When CKD is in an advanced stage, the buildup of electrolytes, wastes and fluids in the body can reach dangerous levels. In earlier stages of the disease, a few signs and symptoms might manifest, but the disease may not become apparent till the kidney function is impaired significantly.
The treatment of CKD involves trying to slow the progression of the disease by treating the cause. CKD can progress to a full-fledged end stage renal disease.
Treating the Causes
Treatment of CKD involves trying to slow down or control the cause of the disease. The cause may vary, as will the treatment options. It is still not a sure-fire cure and the damage might worsen even after the cause has been controlled.
The complications that arise through CKD can be treated and controlled to make the patient more comfortable, and can include medications for:
- High blood pressure
- Medications to lower cholesterol levels
- Medications to treat anemia
- Medications to relieve swelling
- Medications to protect the bones
- A lower protein diet to minimize the production of waste in the blood
Treatment of End-Stage Renal Disease
If the CKD worsens to where it causes end stage renal disease, there are two options for the patient:
- Kidney transplant
- Dialysis (for life, or till a transplant)
The approach of regenerative medicine for CKD can include:
- Boosting the natural healing ability of the body
- Using healthy cells, tissues, or even organs from a donor (living or deceased) to replace damaged ones
- Delivering cells or cell products to the diseased tissues or organs to help restore the functions of the tissues and organs
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the kidney diseases, nephrology or kidney care experts, kidney specialists, chronic kidney disease treatment and surgery procedures, estimate and cost of kidney disease, dialysis treatment, please share your request and reports at email@example.com