Treatment of Kidney Failure
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs that are located one on each side of the spine, just below the rib cage. Kidneys filter waste from the blood and regulate the balance of electrolytes in the blood, and maintain homeostasis.
When kidneys get damaged severely they cannot filter blood normally and wastes start building up in your blood. Depending upon the cause, the treatment path for the kidney disease is determined. Chronic kidney disease may lead to kidney failure. Treatment can be done to help control signs and symptoms, and slow disease progression.
Symptoms of kidney failure
When kidneys fail, toxic wastes and extra fluid buildup in the body, which can cause
- Darkened and dry skin
- Swelling, usually in the legs, feet, or ankles (edema)
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Little or no urination
- Drowsiness and sleep problems
What are the options for treatment of kidney failure?
- Hemodialysis– The blood is passed through an external filter, cleaned and then returned to the body.
- Peritoneal dialysis- A thin tube containing a dialysis solution is inserted into the lining of the abdomen. This solution filters the blood inside the body, and then flows out, removing the wastes.
- Kidney transplantation- Kidney transplantation involves surgically replacing the diseased kidney with a healthy kidney from an organ donor. The transplanted kidneys can come from a person who has just died or from a living donor.
Another option to treat kidney failure is through conservative measures. However, once there is complete kidney failure, life expectancy generally becomes very low.
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the kidney diseases, nephrology or kidney care experts, kidney specialists, chronic kidney disease treatment and surgery procedures, estimate and cost of kidney disease, dialysis treatment, please share your request and reports at firstname.lastname@example.org