Ventricular Assist Devices (VADS)
In cases of a heart failure or improper heart functioning, a Ventricular Assist Device is implanted inside the person’s body to help the heart in pumping blood to the rest of the body. VADs are placed in the ventricles (the bottom sections) of the heart and the devices are then denoted as the Right Ventricular Assist Device (RVAD) or the Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) according to their position. However in dire cases, a doctor might use both the RVAD and LVAD, and it is then called the Bi-Ventricular Assist Device (BIVAD). A transplantable VAD generally has its pump inside the body but the power source remains outside.
- Prior to a heart transplant surgery, to support the functioning until the surgery actually takes place
- During or after the transplant to keep the body working till the heart fully recovers
- In rare cases where transplant is not possible, doctor may suggest implanting a VAD as a long term solution to help the heart function better.
Preparing for an implantation
- Patient evaluation including thorough medical checks is the foremost step. Tests like ECG, Stress test, Specific organ tests and general tests for infections, blood, cholesterol, prostate etc. are done.
- Mental preparation of the patient and complete process enlightenment takes place.
- Following the implantation, patients are kept under observation and extensive care for 4 to 6 days, after which the patient is given good nutrition, wound care and physical therapy.
Paras Healthcare Provides Comprehensive and Best Treatment for the Patients coming from- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, United Kingdom(U K), Pakistan, Nigeria,Tanzania, Ethopia, Congo, Zambia, Iraq, Burundi, Oman, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, USA, Canada, Europe, Uganda, Fiji, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Sudan.
Cost of Treatment/Estimate of Treatment
To know more about the cardiac diseases, cardiologists, heart specialists, your treatment options, estimate and cost of cardiac treatment, please share your request and reports at firstname.lastname@example.org