Paras Institute of Ophthalmology offers a range of eye care services. Equipped with the state of the art technology and doctors of national and international repute. The Institute has the mission to deliver medical expertise of excellence.
Eye Check Up: It is a detailed examination of the eyes which includes the assessment of the Vision, Diseases, Infections, Risk factors, Counseling, Refraction check, Intra ocular pressure management and Retinal evaluation.
Refraction Errors & Corrections: Detailed eye examinations are done to check the slight alterations in vision. Uncorrected and undiagnosed refractive errors in vision can lead to permanent eye damage in children and can also cause lazy vision and squinting of eyes. The ophthalmologists check your eye vision for 3 types of errors:
- Hyper myopia or long sightedness
- Myopia or shortsightedness
- Astigmatism or cylindrical vision.
Eye disease & management: Ophthalmologists perform the same by a detailed examination of the retina by performing Ophthalmoscopy. Medical management and surgical treatments are offered for the following retinal defects, infections or diseases.
Cataract Diagnosis and Surgeries: Due to age and other aspects the eye lens can become defective and the vision can become hazy. Paras Institute of Ophthalmology has diagnostic as well as surgical expertise in performing all types of cataract surgeries:
- Standard Eye Exam.
- Slit-lamp examination.
- Ultrasounds B scan.
The following types of cataract surgeries are offered at Paras Institute of Ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery with Foldable IOL.
- Cataract Surgery with IOL- the IOL can be unifocal, multifocal or toric.
- Secondary lens implant.
- Capsular tension rings.
- Combined cataract and glaucoma surgery.
Computer vision syndrome: Paras Institute of Ophthalmology has specialized expertise in treatment of eyes that are exposed to continuous computer screen exposure. The Institute provides treatment for:
- Blurred Vision.
- Dry eyes.
- Neck and shoulder pain.
Corneal and eye services:
- Corneal Dystrophies.
- Corneal Degenerations.
- Keratitis, infections and auto-immune disease.
- Bullous keratopathy.
- Corneal opacification.
- Epithelial growth.
- Ocular allergy.
- Conjunctival and anterior segment tumors.
- Chronic endophthalmitis.
- Intraocular lens complications.
Glaucoma management: Paras Institute of Ophthalmology has experts who can manage and treat Glaucoma. The Institute has a well detailed program for diagnosis and treatment.
Pediatric Ophthalmology: Paras Institute of Ophthalmology provides a variety of diagnostic, medical and surgical services for all eye diseases in infants and children, as well as eye muscle disorders in children. The Institute provides the following medical, therapeutic and surgical management services:
- Strabismus – all eye muscle and eye misalignment disorders in children and adults.
- Amblyopia or “lazy eye”.
- Cataracts in infants and children.
- Glaucoma in infants and children.
- Nasolacrimal duct disorders.
- Ptosis or droopy eyelids.
- Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors.
- Dermoid and other peri-ocular tumors.
- Ocular and eyelid trauma.
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP).
- Congenital of developmental abnormalities.
- Botox injections for blepharospasm and eye muscle disorders.
- Reading and learning disorders.
Vitreoretinal disease management and treatment :
- Retinal vasculitis.
- Ocular trauma.
- Ocular manifestations of AIDS.
- Masquerade syndromes.