Biofeedback significantly and substantially reduces the pain and psychological symptoms of highly chronic patients within the scope of only 11 sessions. Thus, Biofeedback can be recommended as an evidence-based behavioral treatment option for the prevention of migraine. Paras Institute of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology has a well developed program for providing Biofeedback Therapy.
This is useful for:
- Patients who prefer non-drug interventions.
- Poor tolerance to specific drugs.
- Insufficient or no response to drug therapy.
- Pregnancy, planned pregnancy, or nursing.
- Other medical contraindications for specific drugs.
- History of long-term, frequent, or excessive use of pain medications that can aggravate headache problems (or lead to decreased responsiveness to other drugs).
- Patients who have significant stress and/or poor stress-management skills.
Paras Institute of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology is the first for having Biofeedback Therapy with the international standards and the latest technology.
The therapy is done by our certified and experienced Senior Clinical Psychologist.
Biofeedback is also a very effectively for other disorders like writer’s cramp, anxiety in adults and children, Insomnia, Chronic back pain, chronic shoulder pain, Shortness of breath due to Stress, Stammering, examination fear, Functional gastro disorders like recurrent abdominal pain and stress management.