Doctors at Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga successfully saved the life of a 2 month old child by timely detection and diagnoses by using the latest technology and implementing the best medical expertise. The 2 month old was detected with an earring in the esophagus.
The earring was stuck in the esophagus of two month old Aadarsh Kumar Mandal while his older sister was playing with him taking him into her lap. While she was playing with his brother, her earring fell into the mouth of the baby which got stuck in to his esophagus. Aadarsh started crying and became restless. Seeing his condition, his family members admitted him to the emergency ward of Paras Global Hospital where Dr Sharad Kumar Jha, Consultant Gastroenterology treated him.
Dr Jha shared, “After the baby was admitted to the hospital, an x-ray was conducted in his throat in which it was found that an earring was stuck in his esophagus. As the esophagus and the trachea exist side by side, we had to take out the earring very carefully sans which chances were there that the earring could harm both the esophagus and the trachea of the child.”
Dr Jha also shared that a child’s esophagus and trachea are very thin and there are chances that the esophagus or trachea could be damaged. He said that the earring was removed from Aadarsh’s esophagus through endoscopy method in which anaesthetist Dr Pankaj played a very vital role.
Dr Jha further highlighted that these types of cases can be treated in only such hospitals which have state-of-the-art facility and equipment. He said that Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga has all the facilities as of result we are able to treat even serious patients.
Aadarsh is completely fine now and his family members are quite happy and expressed their heartiest thanks to the doctors and the hospital for his successful recovery.