PRESS RELEASE

Apr 25, 2022

One year-old Krish’s life saved at Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga

One year-old Krish’s life saved at Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga
  • Krish had swallowed nail cutter pusher in his stomach
  • Pusher removed through latest endoscopy method

It was a pins-and-needles moment for doctors from Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga  as they had to extricate a nail cutter pusher from the stomach of a one-year-old boy. But their experience and expertise saved the day for the toddler and his parents.

The little one had playfully put the nail cutter into his mouth and in the process, accidentally swallowed the pusher attached to it.

One year-old Krish Kumar Sharma’s life, who had swallowed a nail cutter pusher, was successfully saved at Paras Global Hospital, Darbhanga by eminent gastroenterologist of Bihar Dr Sharad Kumar Jha.

Krish had mistakenly put the nail cutter pusher in his mouth and had swallowed it following which he started crying.

Later, the mother realised something was wrong with the child as he was crying continuously.

Seeing his son crying, Krish’s mother immediately brought her son to the emergency ward of Paras Global Hospital, Darbhanga where he was admitted under the supervision of Dr Jha who made the child ready for endoscopy.

Shockingly, during endoscopy it was found that the boy had swallowed a nail cutter pusher, the length of which was 2 inches.

When it was confirmed that the boy has swallowed a nail cutter pusher, Dr Jha carefully performed endoscopy on the boy taking out the pusher through forceps with the help of the camera. This method took almost 35 minutes.

After the endoscopy, the boy was completely alright was discharged from the hospital the very next day.

Krish’s parents thanked Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga and Dr Jha for treating their child successfully.

Dr Jha said, ‘We used endoscopy for the removal of nail cutter pusher. Had it not been removed in time, it could have proved fatal. Now he is doing fine and can eat normally.’ “Parents must exercise great care at all times when there are little children around and must do their best to prevent such dangerous objects from falling into the hands of their children,” cautioned Dr Jha.

Dr Jha further said, as soon as the patient was brought to the hospital, they immediately put him on medication and did a run through of the options available for the least invasive procedure they could carry out to quickly put the child out of his misery with minimal damage.

Dr Jha said that in the whole Mithila region, only Paras Global Hospital Darbhanga has got the facility to perform latest endoscopy surgery due to which Krish’s life was saved successfully.