- Hospital’s gastro department head Dr. Sharad Kumar Jha said, “Around 13 children die every hour due to diarrhea in the country”
- Lifestyle changes can help reduce stomach disorders; stress results in stomach related problems
Darbhanga, 09 February 2018: Paras Global Hospital, Darbhanga organized a free gastro health camp on Saturday in which people with problems related to the stomach participated in large numbers. Dr. Sharad Kumar Jha, Head, Gastroenteritis, Paras Global Hospital said during the camp, “There are around 1 lakh people suffering from diarrhea in Bihar, out of which 70% belong to rural areas. It is disturbing to know that every hour 13 children die of diarrhea in the country. Gastric cancer is the second most common cancer in men, while in Asia and the world, it is the third most common form of cancer in women. Hence, it’s treatment options are not easily accessible. In case it is detected during the early stages, it can be treated.
Dr. Jha further stated, “Paras Hospital has a modern, well-equipped gastro department, with skilled medical experts and machines, which help us treat patients in a better way. We also have a state-of-the-art endoscopy machine that helps detect stomach diseases. However one can avoid such diseases by improving their lifestyle. Stress is known to increase chances of stomach disorders so once should avoid getting stressed. It also adversely affects the process of digestion. It is important for us to stay calm in order to control the occurrence of stomach diseases. Also one must avoid consuming cigarettes, gutka, tobacco and other such harmful products.”
He suggested a few tips improve digestion process:
- Chew your food properly while eating and give time to the process.
- Do not overeat. Instead of eating heavily thrice, one must eat smaller portions five times.
- Eat at proper intervals and also eat on time.
- Eat light at night. One must consume food 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
- Drink lots of water. In case your body weight is not proportionate to your age, your body fat exerts pressure on the stomach and leads to heartburn.