Blood Donor Day is celebrated to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.
Do’s & Don’ts for Blood Donation
1. Take heavy meal before donating blood
2. Weight should not be less than 45 kgs
3. The hemoglobin of the donor should not be less than 12
4. Get a good night’s sleep before donation
5. Do not consume alcohol in the last 24 hrs before donation
6. Stay hydrated post donation
Every few seconds, someone, somewhere, needs safe blood.
Donate blood and save lives around the globe.
The theme for Blood Donor Day 2019 is “Blood donation and universal access to safe blood transfusion” to achieve universal health coverage.