World Spine Day is held each year on October 16 & has become a focus in raising awareness of back pain and other spinal issues.
#LoveYourSpine will highlight the importance of spinal health and wellbeing. Promotion of physical activity, good posture, responsible lifting and healthy working conditions will all feature as people are encouraged to look after their spines and stay active.
5 simple tips to help keep your spine as healthy as possible:
1. Let your spine rest while sleeping.
2. Exercise your core to strengthen abs and back muscles.
3. Your shoes need to support your spine.
4. Enjoy the benefits of massage.
5. Avoid sitting for a long time.