Vitiligo is a condition in which white patches develop on the skin.
In India, the common age group affected is 20-25 years.
World Vitiligo Day is a day to create extensive awareness on Vitiligo and a day dedicated to all living with Vitiligo globally.
Triggers For Vitiligo
• Patchy loss of skin color
• Premature whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows or beard
• Loss of color in the tissues that line the inside of your mouth and nose
• Loss of or change in color of the inner layer of the eyeball
Causes you should know-
• A disorder in immune system that attacks and destroys the melanocytes in the skin
• Family history
• A trigger event, such as sunburn, stress or exposure to industrial chemicals